Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I desperately need 4 days off from work (31st May - 3rd June) for reasons I will not disclose, but it is extremely important. Problem is, i've already tried to book off those days but got denied as someone else has already done so (Policy at work where only 1 person can be booked off holiday at a time). I have 15 days of holiday to book.

They know i've tried to book off those days before, so if I pulled a standard sickie they would smell a rat instantly. What do I do?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Perhaps contact the person who has booked them and see if theres anyway you can swap? Maybe offer them a cash incentive This shows your hand though.

If you thow a sickie they are more likely to find out.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Would your circumstances come under compassionate leave otherwise there's nothing you can except trying to swap with someone

ReputationRep:
    You've left it a bit late if you are only asking now.

I would try and swap with another member of staff.

ReputationRep:
    Where I work you need to give a minimum of a months notice to have some days off so you've left it kinda late to try and get them.

I guess your only options are try and swap with the person who has them currently but keep in mind they also booked them for a reason...so they're probably not gonna swap especially if they've made plans on those days.

or ask to take it unpaid...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.