Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm a current 4th year medical student (at UEA) and I'm coming to Leicester to intercalate next year, doing a year's research project, mainly based in a lab at the MRC toxicology unit (next to the Maurice Shock med school I think)? I'm going to apply to Opal Court as it is RIGHT NEXT to the lab I'll be working in. As for other choices, I'm thinking Nixon > Freemens Common as they're close to the uni, but I'm wondering if somewhere in Oadby would be suitable to put down or not - it looks nice and social, but it looks far away, so is it going to be a huge effort in the mornings getting the bus in, especially if I'm looking at a 9-5 mon-fri kind of thing? How much does the bus cost by the way, and where abouts can you get picked up from at the village / dropped off at the uni? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salad_fingers)
    Hi guys, I'm a current 4th year medical student (at UEA) and I'm coming to Leicester to intercalate next year, doing a year's research project, mainly based in a lab at the MRC toxicology unit (next to the Maurice Shock med school I think)? I'm going to apply to Opal Court as it is RIGHT NEXT to the lab I'll be working in. As for other choices, I'm thinking Nixon > Freemens Common as they're close to the uni, but I'm wondering if somewhere in Oadby would be suitable to put down or not - it looks nice and social, but it looks far away, so is it going to be a huge effort in the mornings getting the bus in, especially if I'm looking at a 9-5 mon-fri kind of thing? How much does the bus cost by the way, and where abouts can you get picked up from at the village / dropped off at the uni? Thanks
    If you're in 9 -5 every day i really wouldn't pick Oadby. The buses are crowded every morning it's insane, the bus pass costs £360 for one full year ( too much if you ask me ), if you're in that time all day it's really much better to be closer to campus so, opal, nixon, mary gee( which is 30 mins walk) (NOT FREEMANS !!!! Don't do it, it's a prison), The bus stops outside the SU, and the bus stops in Oadby are like in between accomodations.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.