The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by screw exams
1) Yes - if you specified an interest in trading, you'll only interview for trading (I think they do AC's depending on area, so for example everyone at my AC was for trading).
2) Loads - there were around 20ish at mine.
3) Yes - if you don't impress any desks you're sent home at lunch (or before if no-one wants to interview you)
4) The less technical interview in the morning will cover basic macro. More technical depends on the desk -I was asked for trade ideas, people who were interviewed by Rates Options were asked really technical questions about pricing, really depends on the desk.
5) No - I interviewed till 6pm and then got rejected lol. Worst thing is they don't even give feedback (it's against company policy apparently).

Would this be only for markets or this is the general format for every JPM AC?
Where you invited initially over the phone or via email?
Original post by ESTATEREAL
Straight to J.P M AC no phone interview happy days!
Any insight what to expect?

Were you invited over the phone initially or via email?
Lol when you score in the 85th percentile but get rejected because of the situational judgement. Brilliant!
Original post by AenigmaFx
Lol when you score in the 85th percentile but get rejected because of the situational judgement. Brilliant!

How do you know which percentile you scored in?
Is finance BO or MO? What about risk?
Reply 5866
Original post by Broocklyn

I'd say BO. Risk maybe MO if you're compliance sitting on the trading floor.
but best to ask for confirmation, i don't know for sure.
Original post by HAASSC
Might as well just ask me to sit the interview for you.

Nah, then you'd get interrogated on how you sat, how they sat, interviewers eye colour and star sign etc
Original post by Broocklyn

Finance is BO. Risk is generally considered MO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did jpm send any rejections for ibd? I've received today my 5th e-mail stating that I am still under review and is getting annoying 😂😂
How long after HSBC AC does it take for them to get back to us? Cheers
Original post by Numerodos
Did jpm send any rejections for ibd? I've received today my 5th e-mail stating that I am still under review and is getting annoying 😂😂

I did not get that email at all, however I got 6 from Citi, I think that means they are still interviewing the batch before you
Reply 5872
Original post by shandawg
How long after HSBC AC does it take for them to get back to us? Cheers

For me was on the day
Original post by appsappsapps
Oh. My. Lord.

What do you mean?

I had just asked about what questions were asked in Barclays telephone interview and what advice you have regarding how to prepare for it.
Original post by yl95
How do you know which percentile you scored in?

I received some feedback report thingy which mentioned my percentiles. Here I thought I was quite a likeable person that would get along with most people haha. Clearly not :P
Original post by gman888
Overall is hsbc a better bank than baml?

No way
Original post by Numerodos

Yes, applied end of september and rejected one week later
what kind of technicals you usually get asked in IM/AM interviews? Any reference would be really useful.
The reason they dont gve feedback is because believe it or not, they judge your personailty, how you dress, how groomed you are. Basically how presentable you look. Since its illegal to disciminate on looks, they just dont give feedback. A hr told me this.
Reply 5879
Hi Guys,

What are the numerical tests at assesment centres like? Are they similar to the online versions?

Also, do they give you a basic or scientific calculator?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending