The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katuok
Nice to see this year's thread was created already. Do you guys think M&A summer recruiting will be badly hit by Brexit?
Competition will increase as many who were interested in S&T will decide to go for M&A instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by D.dar
How competitive is ER compared to IBD?

Fewer spots so possibly more competitive or somewhat similar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by Terry Tibbs
Competition will increase as many who were interested in S&T will decide to go for M&A instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think Brexit will cause that. The macro S&T business might actually be hot due to volatility. An article on Efinancialcareers mentioned how IBD / M&A would take the biggest blow due to uncertainty causing a massive slow down in deal activity...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95
I don't think Brexit will cause that. The macro S&T business might actually be hot due to volatility. An article on Efinancialcareers mentioned how IBD / M&A would take the biggest blow due to uncertainty causing a massive slow down in deal activity...

Posted from TSR Mobile
A lot of banks already have plans to move trading jobs out of London if we leave the single market. While deal activity might slow there's no reason for banks to move M&A jobs out of London.
Original post by Commercial Paper
There was a good article about this released on Mergers & Inquisitions yesterday evening.

link?
Reply 46
Are there any firms that will consider recent graduates?
Spoke to my recruiter about this and its business as usual. she also explained the concept of junior pipeline so if you are applying for a summer 2017 analyst role, if they give you full time offer it will be for 2018 and even then for 12-18 months after you start your grad role the bank does not see you as a permanent/profitable/trained staff. which takes you to about early 2020.
Reply 48
Hey, so I have a summer internship at GS (Ops) and a placement at PwC consulting. What are my chance of getting an internship in IBD (corporate finance)?
Original post by J Edgar
Hey, so I have a summer internship at GS (Ops) and a placement at PwC consulting. What are my chance of getting an internship in IBD (corporate finance)?

Nobody knows, just apply mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone going to the AC for SEO Summer Launch Pad?
Original post by lizzygrant

I am but i don't know how they pick and choose their candidates

Is it too late to apply to this now?
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
I am but i don't know how they pick and choose their candidates

Original post by blue-city
Is it too late to apply to this now?

just apply anyway, good luck

seo do a great job, one of the best organisations i've been a part of.
Reply 54

Which division did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It looks like GS is already open. Anyone else?
Original post by JimbobJam

for summer or FT?
Original post by JimbobJam

Have you tried to apply? And are you sure it is not for other regions? I had a look on it about a week ago and they still had the same application deadline from last year so I assumed they had not updated it.
Definitely for London. It's not easy to tell whether it's for 16 or 17 though. Although I can't see why they'd still have the vacancy advertised at this point in time...
Reply 59
Yeah just had a look, it's open. Any other banks open?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending