The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drtje
This is going to sound a little dumb, but is the barclays finance internship ( http://joinus.barclays.com/emea/internships/finance-summer-analyst/ ) an IB internship? If it isn't, what is it?

Thanks in advance

lol read the description for it. they deal with collating the financial statements and the company accounts
Original post by econboy
Thanks, Farah!
It's Morgan Stanley.

Well done! Although I don't have a clue on that interview, I'm sure that it's going to be alright. Good luck!
Anyone heard from gs post hire view . how long after did you hear ?
Original post by tigerbread
I got a rejection from JPM today after maybe 3 months of waiting 🙄🙄🙄

What role did you apply for?
Some great advice from some great people on this forum!

Just to add on to this, I highly recommend everyone who has not yet heard about it to look into joining SEO and becoming a candidate if you can. They offer lots and lots of networking events and sometimes you even get fast tracked to AC (skipping first round telephone interview) just for being a member.
Even if you don't manage to become an SEO candidate, still apply as they are still willing to help you with phone interviews with their partner firms.

This is might seem like an advertisement lol, but I do not represent them or gain anything from saying this, - I just felt it wasnt talked about enough on the forum. This is all from personal experience (unfortunately I am not a candidate) and from friends and colleagues who are part of the programme. Check it out!
Original post by Commercial Paper
Yes, landed Rothschild! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi mate congrats on offer! Do you know the salary and bonus estimates for corporate banking analysts?
Original post by seundad
Hi mate congrats on offer! Do you know the salary and bonus estimates for corporate banking analysts?

Cheers. I actually don't really know for sure. But I'd imagine it greatly depends on the firm and probably varies from something like £35,000 at RBS to nearly £50,000 at Citi. You should get a small bonus, nothing big though and some firms might not pay one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by seundad

HSBC is 32.5+5K sign bonus for commercial banking, I think most of Lloyds is high 20s apart from their Market once which is 37ish (both with some bonus). RBS is mid 30s
Original post by econboy
Thanks, Farah!
It's Morgan Stanley.

which division?
Anyone got MS IBD offer? Can you reply or PM me?
(edited 7 years ago)
Cheers. I actually don't really know for sure. But I'd imagine it greatly depends on the firm and probably varies from something like £35,000 at RBS to nearly £50,000 at Citi. You should get a small bonus, nothing big though and some firms might not pay one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers lad
Original post by TheParham
HSBC is 32.5+5K sign bonus for commercial banking, I think most of Lloyds is high 20s apart from their Market once which is 37ish (both with some bonus). RBS is mid 30s

Seen some of the big boys apparently pay 45-50, when the division is joined with IBD
Original post by seundad
Seen some of the big boys apparently pay 45-50, when the division is joined with IBD

yeah true, not that many offer that in london as far as I know tho (MS, JP, GS, all the way to Nomura, RBC, etc)
Original post by TheParham
yeah true, not that many offer that in london as far as I know tho (MS, JP, GS, all the way to Nomura, RBC, etc)

Sweet man
Reply 6874
Hi, I submitted my application for the Quant Researcher internship at Jump Trading about two weeks ago but haven't heard back. Should I send them a follow-up asking for my status?
I only got 2 AC invites so far, but only attended one as they were on the same day and I could not reschedule either. I didn't get an offer...and now I want to go back in time and try out the other AC. But guess what...I can't :P. Unlucky...I'll have to live with the "what if.." now..
Just got Barclays final stage interview - like a role-play and then interview afterwards. What are the chances of offer after this step? Also anybody had experience of these types of interviews? Many thanks!
It's not unusual to be waiting that long for them. It's likely a rejection. They'll progress you if someone reneges/does not accept an offer/next AC candidates are not good enough. It depends on how far down the list you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!! Is anyone else still waiting to hear from MS post-telephone?
Original post by giggy12s
Thanks!! Is anyone else still waiting to hear from MS post-telephone?

yeah
Original post by johntsi
I only got 2 AC invites so far, but only attended one as they were on the same day and I could not reschedule either. I didn't get an offer...and now I want to go back in time and try out the other AC. But guess what...I can't :P. Unlucky...I'll have to live with the "what if.." now..

ACs are the hardest stage of recruitment so wouldnt think about it too much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending