The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by giggy12s
One page or two page cvs for summer analyst apps?

Mine is two pages but it differs for everyone, both one and two pages are acceptable so play around with different formats and structure
How long did it take for everyone to get their Barclays test results?
Original post by dasu95
This probably won't generate a response but has anyone received a rejection after completing MS tests?

I feel as thought they take everything into consideration and do not have a threshold. And if they do, they don't reject you until they've finished recruiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah man, I did their tests a month ago and got a response saying they wont take my application any further 4 days later.
Anyone from outside UK applided to Barclays? I'd like to ask a quick question about the application!
does MS accept final years for summer?
Original post by MaGeehkaal
does MS accept final years for summer?

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dante991
Mine is two pages but it differs for everyone, both one and two pages are acceptable so play around with different formats and structure

I heard that on average they spend 30-60 sec on screening each CV, so 1 page is ideal
Do Barclays reject/accept straight after Business Insight Test 1??
Original post by Millerman
Can someone that's applied already please login to their Citi account - select 'my jobs' and tell me what date it says under "application date".

My application date seems to be changing every day which is still worrying me slightly. This is the link to login. It would be great if someone could let me know.

https://citi.avature.net/careers

I think it is some kind of technical bug, mine also changes every time I log in, so don't worry about it
Reply 1669
Just did the numerical test for Citi, TalentQ is tough
Only advice if interested is to pay special attention to selection of answers, there are like 30-40 options, and I mixed up two times I think numbers like 22,400 and 23,400 * and noticed too late to fix
Original post by torres657
I think it is some kind of technical bug, mine also changes every time I log in, so don't worry about it

Okay, thank you for doing that.

Under 'Status' I have nothing and so I was getting slightly worried that they hadn't received it. If it's the same for you then it must be a tech problem.

Got vid int invite 30 minutes after finishing test

You should get invited to a video interview almost immediately. However, a number of us have had no communication since so I think we are getting rejected. Someone in another thread said they called them today and Barclays said they are having delays in processing applications, and should get a response by early next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it normal for Credit Suisse to say they are assessing your application as a potential duplicate after submitting?

Mine definitely isn't...

I did not even get a confirmation email of submission yet, is this normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Commercial Paper
Is it normal for Credit Suisse to say they are assessing your application as a potential duplicate after submitting?

Mine definitely isn't...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It happened to me and I was waiting days for them to fix it so I emailed them and they sorted it out.
Original post by philerus
ESTATEREAL - I wish you the best of luck with Blac

I'd probably wait as well - good luck with the result! I do hope you realise, however, that working part time at Blackstone would probably mean that there is a very decent chance of falling behind on uni, as I doubt they would be as considerate about your academic progress as they would about your tasks.... I am also surprised that they offer part-time work.

Cheers I will do. Yeah i'm pretty apprehensive about it as well as I'm taking a lot of pretty tough maths modules this semester, but I think the opportunity is a one off opportunity that I can't refuse :/
Original post by ESTATEREAL
Cheers I will do. Yeah i'm pretty apprehensive about it as well as I'm taking a lot of pretty tough maths modules this semester, but I think the opportunity is a one off opportunity that I can't refuse :/

Is it the role of a campus ambassador? If so, it wont be a very demanding part time role.
Original post by Commercial Paper

Mine definitely isn't...

Posted from TSR Mobile

send them a message through technical support in your account telling that you haven'r received tests even though you applied X days ago, don't have any secondary account and it is your first application in the current recruitment year, that's how I received tests after 6 days
If during your interview the recruiter asks you where you're at with other firms in terms of offers / interviews, what's the most appropriate response?
Original post by Deltasierra27
If during your interview the recruiter asks you where you're at with other firms in terms of offers / interviews, what's the most appropriate response?

The most appropriate response is to be honest. You don't have to give all the details - "I am at second round interviews with another American bank" will suffice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending