Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, i apologise if this is wrong section or anything but i am very curious and just need abit of help

Im hoping to get DDD or DDM on my level 3 btec extended diploma course in ict, i have a c in both maths and english, i know some require b in maths but i was just wondering is there any good universities which accept c in both maths and english, or if there is a tool where i can find this out? Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Bu

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    I know that most universities don't really care about your GCSE C in maths but I'm not sure what ones allow BTEC - go google it

ReputationRep:
    Brunel, Computer Science: DDD plus 5A*-C including Maths and English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeptyle)
    I know that most universities don't really care about your GCSE C in maths but I'm not sure what ones allow BTEC - go google it
    Considering top unis only acceot grade b maths was wondering if anyone knew some good unis but for a grade c as a requirement and not a b

ReputationRep:
    pretty much all unis will accept the BTEC, however you're right it is difficult to get into a top uni without a B in GCSE maths, I am in my second year of Computer Science and it is a very maths heavy degree so I can see why they have the requirement

here are some that you could get into:
    Brunel - DDD - http://www.brunel.ac.uk/courses/unde...er-science-bsc
    Kent - DDD - https://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/ug/fees-funding-entry.html
    Swansea - D*DD - http://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergradua...ts=is-expanded - if you get higher than DDD and you are taking the Maths for IT unit

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying YT, i'm thinking of retaking gcse maths for that B grade, anything i can revise on to get an advantage on before the start of September? would help alot

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.