How much attention are you giving to Adam Smith, Friedrich Hayek and Karl Marx?

Watch
amelienine
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm just reading a short article on them but I think that's all I'm going to be doing, what about the rest of you?

This is under Edexcel btw
pumbting
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by amelienine)
I'm just reading a short article on them but I think that's all I'm going to be doing, what about the rest of you?

This is under Edexcel btw
I normally don't give them much attention, but any questions about government intervention, ill always refer to Adam Smith and his invisible hand (determining free market equilibrium price) before I get into the for's and againsts
amelienine
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by pumbting)
I normally don't give them much attention, but any questions about government intervention, ill always refer to Adam Smith and his invisible hand (determining free market equilibrium price) before I get into the for's and againsts
So you start off government intervention questions with Adam Smith? How does that work? Do you say something like how the invisible hand led to a misallocation of resources?
pumbting
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by amelienine)
So you start off government intervention questions with Adam Smith? How does that work? Do you say something like how the invisible hand led to a misallocation of resources?
Well I'm doing AQA so it might be different, but shouldn't matter too much.
But yeah, so id say, Adam smith would state that the market should be left to the free market to determine its own equilibrium, in which case the government wouldn't need to intervene. However we can see from that in this market, there has been market failure and a misallocation of resources, so government intervention may be needed to correct the market failure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (183)
43.88%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (48)
11.51%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.91%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (88)
21.1%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (41)
9.83%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (24)
5.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise