Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    No I don't, getting rid of crap posts I've made is not a delusional self-image problem
    But when you delete posts just to convince yourself your not sad - that is a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    oiiiiiiiii our post counts don;t make us saddos! :mad:
    Not at all! But some people have a fear of being associated with UKL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    But when you delete posts just to convince yourself your not sad - that is a problem.
    Hunny I no I'm not sad I no that! Deleting my crap posts, is something that a lot of members should do, a post count of over a 1000 posts, with some of them having no value i.e. being "lol", "lmao" etc... is sad, if I ever get to 1000 posts I want all of them to be of substance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    Hunny I no I'm not sad I no that! Deleting my crap posts, is something that a lot of members should do, a post count of over a 1000 posts, with some of them having no value i.e. being "lol", "lmao" etc... is sad, if I ever get to 1000 posts I want all of them to be of substance!
    it doesn't make anymore space though coz theyr all available to the mods after you delete them anyway (arent they) and if you're worried about space then deleteing you sig would create more than deleting the 'lols'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    Perhaps you ought to alter your signature then which seems to disagree with what you just said

Edit: And don't just post lol/heh/i agree in the first place

ReputationRep:
    There is no way I'm reaching 1000 posts! Thats just sad man!
    The Deletion has begun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Perhaps you ought to alter your signature then which seems to disagree with what you just said
    Do you think so?! I think it agrees with what I said! I'm gonna delete my posts when I reach a 1000 posts...plus I can't add anymore characters to my sig I'm at limit!

(Original post by Gimp)
    Edit: And don't just post lol/heh/i agree in the first place
    Those posts were made back in the day when I first joined...Threads in the day were a lot more friendly, and "lol'ing" etc was acceptable, and not under debate, although nowadays its just quite annoying, like if you ain't got anything good to say don't say anything at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    Do you think so?! I think it agrees with what I said! I'm gonna delete my posts when I reach a 1000 posts...plus I can't add anymore characters to my sig I'm at limit!
    And your sig loads with every one of your posts, so shortening it will help reduce server load.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    And your sig loads with every one of your posts, so shortening it will help reduce server load.
    And long sigs are very inconvenient for other members.

ReputationRep:
    And long sigs are very inconvenient for other members.
    Yep, I got rid of the verse of a song from mine, just to cut down space.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....8&postcount=17

I am obviously sticking to the limit set and LH I remember back in the day you had an exceptionally large signature with images in it as well, and it used to take me ages for a thread to load up on my computer when you had posted on it. Funny that you didn't think then about how your big signature with pictures to boot, inconvienced members with dial up connections and also when there was the bad server! And the way I never complained about it as I believe a members signature is a members signature, nobody else has any right to tell them to change it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....8&postcount=17

I am obviously sticking to the limit set and LH I remember back in the day you had an exceptionally large signature with images in it as well, and it used to take me ages for a thread to load up on my computer when you had posted on it. Funny that you didn't think then about how your big signature with pictures to boot, inconvienced members then especially with the bad server then! And the way I never complained about it as I believe a members signature is a members signature, nobody else has any right to tell them to change it!
    1. The server was very quick then, so it didn't cause much of a problem.

2. One of the reasons I got rid of th sig was because some people asked me to.

ReputationRep:
    1. The server was very quick then, so it didn't cause much of a problem.
    The server was terrible then, being that any thread page that contained either yourself or edders posting was disgustingly slow for me to load up! And since the server is being constantly updated, would I be stupid in believing that the server now is obviously better than it was then!

2. One of the reasons I got rid of th sig was because some people asked me to.
    If I remember correctly images were first disabled, and then you only had the url of the images in your signature, and then afterwards you changed your signature completly and got rid of the urls.

So for one don't be a hypocrite!
    and two don’t lie!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.