The EU is like Hitler - Boris Johnson

Watch
username878267
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36295208

Not to be outdone by Ken Livingstone, Boris is now comparing the EU to Hitler.

And he calls the remain campaign 'project fear'.
What an absolute idiotic opportunist. He spent his life campaigning for the EU then switches when it suits his leadership ambitions.
A few months ago he supported TTIP now he's suddenly opposed..

But now apparently the EU is like Hitler.
What is it with former mayors of London and Hitler?
Truth2u
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The EU is the Fourth Reich. The Vatican was behind World War 2, Hitler was just a Jesuit puppet.
chemting
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bornblue)
What is it with former mayors of London and Hitler?
Not just former ones. Did you not hear? Sadiq Khan is such a radical that he shared a platform with Hitler :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
username878267
Rep:
?
(Original post by chemting)
Not just former ones. Did you not hear? Sadiq Khan is such a radical that he shared a platform with Hitler :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be fair he only represented him in a legal capacity
JollyCynic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Godwin's Law invoked. Boris, I believe this means you lose. (At the very least, the next leadership battle.)
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh dear. There are many good reasons to support Brexit but the way this comes across is horrid. Between Cameron's war and Boris's Hitler i weep for humanity.
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Our next conservative leader everyone.
KimKallstrom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Quite surprised someone as intelligent as Boris would say something so stupid. The Brexiters are trying to convince people they're sensible and not living in knee-jerk-reaction land. Then Boris goes and says this. I'm sure their campaigners hitting the streets right now will be delighted with this..............
Maker
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Boris is right, we better start building Spitfires and getting Poles, French, Danes, Dutch and Norwegians to come over and fly them for us against the Germans and Italians.
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
By the power of removal of context!

Referring to creating a single European state: 'Napoleon, Hitler, various people tried this out, and it ends tragically,’ he said. ‘The EU is an attempt to do this by different methods.

‘But fundamentally what is lacking is the eternal problem, which is that there is no underlying loyalty to the idea of Europe. There is no single authority that anybody respects or understands. That is causing this massive democratic void.’

So are you saying that Hitler didn't try to make a unified European state, or that the EU isn't trying to make a single unified European state?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KimKallstrom)
Quite surprised someone as intelligent as Boris would say something so stupid. The Brexiters are trying to convince people they're sensible and not living in knee-jerk-reaction land. Then Boris goes and says this. I'm sure their campaigners hitting the streets right now will be delighted with this..............
Except with the inclusion of context things aren't actually that bad at all unless one of your hobbies is revising history. I've posted the quote above and we again see the power of selective quoting to remove context. In fact I'd bet a pound to a penny you didn't read the BBC article because it's in the second paragraph

Posted from TSR Mobile
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Jammy Duel

If say Alan Johnson had said that

'Golden Dawn, the National Front and the BNP are all trying to break up the EU to advance fascism. UKIP and the pro brexit Tories are attempting to do so through different methods'

You lot would have gone mental. This was calculated like his comment on 'part Kenyan ancestry' and Goldsmiths mayoral campaign. You lot have lost the economic argument and are now resorting to Galloway level politics- maybe that's why you sound like Ken Livingstone!
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Davij038)
Jammy Duel

If say Alan Johnson had said that

'Golden Dawn, the National Front and the BNP are all trying to break up the EU to advance fascism. UKIP and the pro brexit Tories are attempting to do so through different methods'

You lot would have gone mental. This was calculated like his comment on 'part Kenyan ancestry' and Goldsmiths mayoral campaign. You lot have lost the economic argument and are now resorting to Galloway level politics- maybe that's why you sound like Ken Livingstone!
I shall ask you the same as I have asked FoS and BB: which statement do you disagree with, that Napoleon and Hitler tried creating a unified European state under their banner, or that the EU is trying to do so?

One or both has to be false otherwise what you're saying is "Boris is evil for saying something I agree to be true"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
I shall ask you the same as I have asked FoS and BB: which statement do you disagree with, that Napoleon and Hitler tried creating a unified European state under their banner, or that the EU is trying to do so?

One or both has to be false otherwise what you're saying is "Boris is evil for saying something I agree to be true"
They are both true, but Its a false analogy- done on purpose for expedient political purposes. This is why he is wrong to do so.

Fullofsurprises Bornblue

Miss Maddie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The Eu wants a superstate controlled by Germany and so did Hitler. The EU is a peaceful version and if parties in Europe are anything like Labour, the anti-Semitism for forcing Jews to flee in fear of something worse is to come is already there.

These are just facts. The EU is meant to become a superstate - that's its purpose and the left have a problem with anti-Semitism.
username878267
Rep:
?
(Original post by Davij038)
They are both true, but Its a false analogy- done on purpose for expedient political purposes. This is why he is wrong to do so.

Fullofsurprises Bornblue

Wait but I though the EU was Hitler?
Why would Boris suddenly change his mind like that? I can think of no reason....
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bornblue)
Idiot.
It's true. You can't deny the EU project is about building a superstate and you can't deny lefty parties in europe have a problem with anti-Semitism.
gladders
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Madeline_H95)
It's true. You can't deny the EU project is about building a superstate and you can't deny lefty parties in europe have a problem with anti-Semitism.
Sure you can.

I deny it.
username878267
Rep:
?
(Original post by Madeline_H95)
Why on earth are you bringing anti semitism into it? In fact don't answer, don't derail this thread.
To compare the European Union to hitler is not so much disgusting but laughable. Show me where in the European treaties it calls for genocide...
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by gladders)
Sure you can.

I deny it.
You're denying EU treaties calling for more integration and all demands by senior EU politicians for an EU army, EU tax powers, super-national EU police force, EU courts to try EU citizens, and EU currency is all false. Just look at the chaos in Labour with anti-Semitism.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.56%
England (143)
34.88%
Belgium (31)
7.56%
Germany (41)
10%
Spain (9)
2.2%