Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What does this mean? (Anyone who knows German, please look) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got this email recently, I have no idea what it says as I know very little German, can someone help me out?

Hallo, mein Name ist reizvolles Helga, Ich sah vor kurzem Ihr email, das Sie auf sehr schlechten Deutsch
    schrieben, und es fällt meine Gefühle für Sie ist stärker als überhaupt aus. Ich habe Sie nie getroffen, aber ich weiß, daß Sie für mich sind.
    Ich werde mein Stammhaus um Mitternacht heute abend verlassen und ich
    hitch eine Fahrt zur Küste von Frankreich. Wille treffen Sie mich dort, woher bilden wir Babys alle Nacht?

Ihr, Helga

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    I got this email recently, I have no idea what it says as I know very little German, can someone help me out?

Hallo, mein Name ist reizvolles Helga, Ich sah vor kurzem Ihr email, das Sie auf sehr schlechten Deutsch
    schrieben, und es fällt meine Gefühle für Sie ist stärker als überhaupt aus. Ich habe Sie nie getroffen, aber ich weiß, daß Sie für mich sind.
    hitch eine Fahrt zur Küste von Frankreich. Wille treffen Sie mich dort, woher bilden wir Babys alle Nacht?

Ihr, Helga
    hello, my name is Helga, I got ur email (or soemthing or other) hang on I just googled it

Hallo, my name is delightful Helga, I saw recently your email, which you wrote on very bad German, and it falls my feelings for you is stronger than at all out. I never met you, but I know that you are for me. I will this evening leave my principal firm around midnight and I hitch a travel to the coast of France. Will meet you me there, from where we educate babies all night? It, Helga

LOL hahahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

hello, my name is Helga, I got ur email (or soemthing or other) hang on I just googled it

Hallo, my name is delightful Helga, I saw recently your email, which you wrote on very bad German, and it falls my feelings for you is stronger than at all out. I never met you, but I know that you are for me. I will this evening leave my principal firm around midnight and I hitch a travel to the coast of France. Will meet you me there, from where we educate babies all night? It, Helga

LOL hahahah
    lol

ReputationRep:

Hallo, mein Name ist reizvolles Helga, Ich sah vor kurzem Ihr email, das Sie auf sehr schlechten Deutsch hello my name is helga reizvolles, i am the living reincarnation of adolf hitler and i am looking for new recruits to help create the fourth reich

schrieben, und es fällt meine Gefühle für Sie ist stärker als überhaupt aus. Ich habe Sie nie getroffen, aber ich weiß, daß Sie für mich sind. I propose to start off the recruiting process with a number of adult parties to be held in scunthorpe in the north of your england, these will act as both fundraisers and as an opportunity to get to know better your fellow companions

hitch eine Fahrt zur Küste von Frankreich. Wille treffen Sie mich dort, woher bilden wir Babys alle Nacht? If you are interested please send me an email detailing your sexual preferences, a few lines of stirring poetry, and a description of the sacrifice of a baby ostrich.

Ihr, Helga
    yours trully helga

ReputationRep:
    LOL!
    Taken a holiday to Germany recently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

LOL hahahah
    Lol..jokes!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    LOL, OMG, that makes a lot of sense. Hmmm...Im worried!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Lol..jokes!!!

G
    Sadly, though not rendered into very good english, that's what it says. She's coming for you, Mad Caddie!

ReputationRep:
    LOL, OMG, that makes a lot of sense. Hmmm...Im worried!
    Do you know her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    Do you know her?

I was in Germany recently, but I don't remember giving anyone my email address and I don't remember anyone by the name of Helga.

I have a feeling this is a prank.

ReputationRep:

Ihr, Helga
    Hello, my name is 'Delightful Helga'. I recently saw your email, that you wrote with very bad German, and (not great German, but I think...) and my feelings for you are stronger than ever before.
    I've never met you, but I know that you are the one for me.
    I will leave my place around midnight, and I'll hitch a ride to the French coast. Will you meet me there, where we can make babies all night?

Your Helga.

ReputationRep:
    I was in Germany recently, but I don't remember giving anyone my email address and I don't remember anyone by the name of Helga.

I have a feeling this is a prank.
    It so blatantly is mate. They're taking the piss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Yep...especially considering that there are some pretty bad mistakes in "Helga's" own german grammar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    Yep...especially considering that there are some pretty bad mistakes in "Helga's" own german grammar.
    Still funny though..lol..

G

ReputationRep:
    That actually sounds quite babelfish.altavista.com, if you know what I mean. That grammar/vocab/sentence structure is more than just a little off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    and its blatantly from an online translator, unless 'babys' is german?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna)
    and its blatantly from an online translator, unless 'babys' is german?
    Yeh, they say babys in German.

ReputationRep:

Ihr, Helga
    "Hello, my name is attractive helga. I saw your e-mail recently that you wrote in bad German and ... <weird sentence structure> (something about her feelings being stronger for you than anything) I have never met you but I know that you are for me. I will leave my home at midnight tonight and hitch a ride to the coast of France. Would you like to meet me there where we can make babys all night?"

I doesn't sound like the writer is a real German - more like an online translator - the verb 'hitch' has not been recognised as it is not conjugated properly so the word 'hitch' is left in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMutantGerbil)
    Yeh, they say babys in German.
    temper that sarcasm.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.