Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

EU Referendum: Boris Johnson compares EU's aims to Hitler's watch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36295208

Scaremongering tactic from the Leave campaign?

ReputationRep:
    Boris getting rattled as he always does when challenged.

Boris could never be compared with Hitler or Napoleon as the latter two had a grasp of detail, did not waste time on vanity projects, and were faithful to their respective wives/fiancees (allegedly).

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
    When the Remain side talk about the risks of leaving the EU, they are "scaremongering" for "Project Fear"

When the Leave side talk about immigration, terrorism, and the Fourth Reich, they are not, apparently

It makes sense to some people
    Makes sense to people with little sense :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Wait what? I thought the EU was committing white genocide? How can their aims be similar to Hitler's? I don't understand...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    EU = Fourth Reich.

(Original post by chemting)
    Wait what? I thought the EU was committing white genocide? How can their aims be similar to Hitler's? I don't understand...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, it's like Hitler. Need to make them plebs believe that

ReputationRep:
    Boris - an opportunist who thrives on the force of his personality and is seeking nothing but absolute power.

Does this remind you of any historical figures?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Boris - an opportunist who thrives on the force of his personality and is seeking nothing but absolute power.

Boris a Prime Minister would be the worst Tory PM probably since Victorian times. The two worst before him in my view were Neville Chamberlain and Anthony Eden. Even so, Chamberlain was a man who had honourable motives when he was duped by Hitler, and Eden had been a fairly successful government minister before his term as PM and the disaster of Suez.

(Original post by barnetlad)
    Boris could never be compared with Hitler or Napoleon as the latter two had a grasp of detail, did not waste time on vanity projects, and were faithful to their respective wives/fiancees (allegedly).
    Hitler did not waste time/resources on vanity projects? You may need to look up his strong belief in 'miracle weapons.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)

Hitler had an ideology he passionate believed in.

I don't think Boris really believes in much other than furthering himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Boris a Prime Minister would be the worst Tory PM probably since Victorian times. The two worst before him in my view were Neville Chamberlain and Anthony Eden. Even so, Chamberlain was a man who had honourable motives when he was duped by Hitler, and Eden had been a fairly successful government minister before his term as PM and the disaster of Suez.
    Eden was classy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Nah, it's like Hitler. Need to make them plebs believe that
    Yes, they need to know Hitler was anti-white.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.