Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be doing my first Psychology exam for the OCR exam board, and i'm really stuck on how to answer 12 mark questions. I know that you have you use the bullet points they give you to help create either a self-report, observation, experiment or correlation and I know you need to relate to past experiences, but I just don't know how to structure one myself.

Anyone else doing this exam? So nervous! (and for the 23th May one too!):sad:

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm doing the same exam as you(H167 16th may 2016 OCR), and for the 12 marker, what you roughly need to do is the following:

- answer the three bullet points that the question provides you with in your first paragraph.(for instance, state why you chose a 'repeated measures design', e.g a strength of using this experimental design would be that it allows me to...

- Once you've done that for all three bullet points, you then move on to the next paragraph, which is the main paragraph. This is quite easy, all you have to do is conduct your study. What I use is the 5w's which is 'who, what, when, where, why'. Also, include ethics, and state clearly your IV and DV.

- Lastly, you give at least 2-3 examples of your own study that you might have done in the past (don't worry if you haven't, just make one up!). Compare and contrast your 2-3 examples, for instance, 'my own study was conducted as an independent measures design as it had no order effects, my study was on aggression through video games, and similarly, I used a self-selected sample as it allowed the participant to be more determined/dedicated to complete the IV's given.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylan.99)
    Hi I'm doing the same exam as you(H167 16th may 2016 OCR), and for the 12 marker, what you roughly need to do is the following:

- answer the three bullet points that the question provides you with in your first paragraph.(for instance, state why you chose a 'repeated measures design', e.g a strength of using this experimental design would be that it allows me to...

- Once you've done that for all three bullet points, you then move on to the next paragraph, which is the main paragraph. This is quite easy, all you have to do is conduct your study. What I use is the 5w's which is 'who, what, when, where, why'. Also, include ethics, and state clearly your IV and DV.

- Lastly, you give at least 2-3 examples of your own study that you might have done in the past (don't worry if you haven't, just make one up!). Compare and contrast your 2-3 examples, for instance, 'my own study was conducted as an independent measures design as it had no order effects, my study was on aggression through video games, and similarly, I used a self-selected sample as it allowed the participant to be more determined/dedicated to complete the IV's given.
    Than you so much that's been so helpful! My teacher explained to me how to do it but not as clearly as you have!! Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.