The Student Room Group

OCR Religious Studies

I have the B603 and B604 exams tomorrow, and I have been studying the beliefs of different denominations of Christianity, as well as Muslim beliefs. However, for part e of the Christianity questions (which are the ones I plan to answer), it states that I must 'refer to Christianity in [my] answer.'

Since I must give several different point of views, should I only refer to different denominations of Christianity, or am I able to also refer to Islam as long as I've already referred to Christianity in the answer? I would really like to know, since I don't want to give an Islamic point of view as part of my answer, only to be awarded no marks for it.

Thanks in advance.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I have the same exam tomorrow and currently revising for it too lol.
It depends on what section you chose.

Say if you chose Christianity for that section, it means that your answer needs to primarily consist of Christianity, the different parts of christianity like the different view points of different christians like Anglicans, Roman Catholics etc. But \ I would also include a brief explanation from other religion (i.e Islam) just to show the similarity/contrast in beliefs but not too much as you dont want to deter the focus from christianity

Hope that helped :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ForeverAQx
Hey, I have the same exam tomorrow and currently revising for it too lol.
It depends on what section you chose.

Say if you chose Christianity for that section, it means that your answer needs to primarily consist of Christianity, the different parts of christianity like the different view points of different christians like Anglicans, Roman Catholics etc. But \ I would also include a brief explanation from other religion (i.e Islam) just to show the similarity/contrast in beliefs but not too much as you dont want to deter the focus from christianity

Hope that helped :smile:

That is exactly the answer I was looking for. Thank you :smile:
Original post by Kowtoon
That is exactly the answer I was looking for. Thank you :smile:

Welcome! Are you doing the short course or full course? What Units are you doing? :smile:)
Reply 4
Welcome! Are you doing the short course or full course? What Units are you doing? :smile:)

My teacher decided to put my class on the full course despite only beginning to study it in year 11. I also have two philosophy exams in mid June, so I think I'm doing unit 1, 2, 3 and 4 haha
Original post by Kowtoon
My teacher decided to put my class on the full course despite only beginning to study it in year 11. I also have two philosophy exams in mid June, so I think I'm doing unit 1, 2, 3 and 4 haha

Wow good luck, I started RS last year and we are doing the short course which is units 1,2,4,6 because we have one lesson a week so yep.
Good luck!
I'm doing this exam tomorrow too! Good luck guys
Original post by chloecam29
I'm doing this exam tomorrow too! Good luck guys

Good luck to you too:smile:
Are you doing the short or full course?
Good luck to you too:smile:
Are you doing the short or full course?

I'm doing the short course! It's my first gcse tomorrow too- have you done any yet or is tomorrow the first?
You can refer to Islam, but if it's a Christianity paper you won't be credited for more than one point. Say the religious teachings, non-religious teachings and your own opinion last.
I do short course and full course :smile:
I'm doing the short course! It's my first gcse tomorrow too- have you done any yet or is tomorrow the first?

Lol same its my first too! - unless you count a 10 hour art exam a month ago.
How are you revising for RS? and what units are you doing? :smile:
Lol same its my first too! - unless you count a 10 hour art exam a month ago.
How are you revising for RS? and what units are you doing? :smile:

Hope that went well!
I'm going through my note booklets, and all of the past papers on the OCR website, and writing notes from the mark scheme which refer to the unit I'm on at that time. Right now I'm revising Christian attitudes to criminals, and doing practise questions!
You?
Hope that went well!
I'm going through my note booklets, and all of the past papers on the OCR website, and writing notes from the mark scheme which refer to the unit I'm on at that time. Right now I'm revising Christian attitudes to criminals, and doing practise questions!
You?

Im doing past paper questions based on the 4 units i'm doing and going over the mark scheme, I have made flashcards too.
Soo far I have done Human Relationships and Medical Ethics, now Im doing religion and media and next is Religion, Peace and Justice.

How prepared do you feel for this exam? Im soo nervous, I cant even explain :ashamed2:
Original post by Kowtoon
I have the B603 and B604 exams tomorrow, and I have been studying the beliefs of different denominations of Christianity, as well as Muslim beliefs. However, for part e of the Christianity questions (which are the ones I plan to answer), it states that I must 'refer to Christianity in [my] answer.'

Since I must give several different point of views, should I only refer to different denominations of Christianity, or am I able to also refer to Islam as long as I've already referred to Christianity in the answer? I would really like to know, since I don't want to give an Islamic point of view as part of my answer, only to be awarded no marks for it.

Thanks in advance.

My teacher encouraged us to use SONIC for an e) question:

Some Christians (name denomination)
Other Christians (name another denomination with an different view preferably)
Non-Christians (you could include non-religious people, atheists, or another religion- like Islam for example, but using UK law is probably the easiest tbh)
In my opinion- (just make sure it's justified)
Conclusion- (round up your argument and answer the question e.g. looking at my opinion, denominational views, bible passages- I would say yes/no, I do/don't believe that animals should be used for medical research)

Hope this helps !!!
Im doing past paper questions based on the 4 units i'm doing and going over the mark scheme, I have made flashcards too.
Soo far I have done Human Relationships and Medical Ethics, now Im doing religion and media and next is Religion, Peace and Justice.

How prepared do you feel for this exam? Im soo nervous, I cant even explain :ashamed2:

Ah I'm so nervous too! You're lucky you only have 4 units though, I have 6! :s-smilie:
I think we'll be fine once we get the first exam over though

Do you have any others this week? I have a French listening on Tuesday and ICT on Wednesday.
I'm doing the exam too for Ethics 1 and 2 tomorrow.

For part D's my teacher told us to use Bisto:

Bible reference
Some believe
Teaching to support
Others believe

And for E's use farm:
For
Against
Reason
Me
Ah I'm so nervous too! You're lucky you only have 4 units though, I have 6! :s-smilie:
I think we'll be fine once we get the first exam over though

Do you have any others this week? I have a French listening on Tuesday and ICT on Wednesday.

Yep i have a total of 5 subjects this week which is a pain:s-smilie:.

I got RS-monday
French litening and readingg and bio-tuesday
ICT- wednesday
Chemistry- thursday
Nothing on friday which makes me happy lol:wink:

Good luck for all of them :smile:
Original post by chrlhyms
I'm doing the exam too for Ethics 1 and 2 tomorrow.

For part D's my teacher told us to use Bisto:

Bible reference
Some believe
Teaching to support
Others believe

And for E's use farm:
For
Against
Reason
Me

Thats really helpful thanks! :smile:
Yep i have a total of 5 subjects this week which is a pain:s-smilie:.

I got RS-monday
French litening and readingg and bio-tuesday
ICT- wednesday
Chemistry- thursday
Nothing on friday which makes me happy lol:wink:

Good luck for all of them :smile:

Aghh thats awful!! I have my chemistry at the end of June, it's my last exam! I'm with Ccea for everything apart form RS.

Good luck to you too! Let me know how you find the paper tomorrow:h:
Aghh thats awful!! I have my chemistry at the end of June, it's my last exam! I'm with Ccea for everything apart form RS.

Good luck to you too! Let me know how you find the paper tomorrow:h:

Lol lucky, Im with different examboards for alot of the exams which is a pisstake:s-smilie:
and yep Ill let you know how it goes! Good luck once again! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest