Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm retaking Econ 1 tomorrow, and ive just been hoping buffer stocks don't come up because I all I know about them is its something to do with stabilising prices.

So can anyone actually help me understand what they are and how they are or else tomorrow I'm doomed if they come up lol

ReputationRep:
    There's basically a minimum and a maximum price. Government buys surplus stock if price falls too low, government sells if price is too high.

Here's a page to help: http://learneconomicsonline.com/bufferstock.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumbting)
    So I'm retaking Econ 1 tomorrow, and ive just been hoping buffer stocks don't come up because I all I know about them is its something to do with stabilising prices.

So can anyone actually help me understand what they are and how they are or else tomorrow I'm doomed if they come up lol
    Is this for Edexcel? The new Edexcel exam doesn't have buffer stock schemes anymore, does it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haamoo7)
    Is this for Edexcel? The new Edexcel exam doesn't have buffer stock schemes anymore, does it?
    I'm doing AQA, but I hope its not in there anymore, haven't seen a question about it since 2011 but just in case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelienine)
    There's basically a minimum and a maximum price. Government buys surplus stock if price falls too low, government sells if price is too high.

Here's a page to help: http://learneconomicsonline.com/bufferstock.php
    Ah ok that seems way more simple than I was expecting haha, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haamoo7)
    no

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.