The Student Room Group

Calculator crisis!!!!!!

Help I have two calculators and one keeps on running out but they look the same so I don't know which one it is. I want to bring them both into my exam tomorrow but my pencil case is too small what do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Organic Flow
Help I have two calculators and one keeps on running out but they look the same so I don't know which one it is. I want to bring them both into my exam tomorrow but my pencil case is too small what do I do?

Any spares in your house? Could you go out and buy one now?
Maybe your best bet is to go to your nearest shop and buy a new one just incase, or keep one in your pocket
Reply 3
Original post by luciie
Any spares in your house? Could you go out and buy one now?

No there is no time to get another one
Reply 4
Original post by chrlhyms
Maybe your best bet is to go to your nearest shop and buy a new one just incase, or keep one in your pocket

My nearest shop doesn't sell calculators and my parents are away so I can't get one!?!
Why don't you order one online?
Just take both, you shouldn't need to put them in your pencil case. You'll be okay :smile:
There isn't a rule that it has to specifically be inside your pencil case. Just hold it when you go in.

Spoiler

Original post by Organic Flow

Bring both, either hand hold one or use a plastic bag instead of a pencil case, as long as its a clear holder, its allowed and Im sure you can just hold extra stuff as long as its unmarked? :h:
Reply 9
Original post by ForestShadow
Bring both, either hand hold one or use a plastic bag instead of a pencil case, as long as its a clear holder, its allowed and Im sure you can just hold extra stuff as long as its unmarked? :h:

Thanks mate :biggrin:
That's true, or you could check them before you go in, or make sure that your invigilator kmows why you need two otherwise it might be classes as something....
Original post by surina16

Or borrow one from a year 7 in the morning lol

our year 7s are already acting like year8s smh, its like get in line you guys, y'all supposed to innocent for at least 1 more year :biggrin:

You're only allowed one calculator now
our year 7s are already acting like year8s smh, its like get in line you guys, y'all supposed to innocent for at least 1 more year :biggrin:

same smh I don't like this new breed of mature year 7s. :biggrin: When I was in year 7 we literally obeyed the older years and did whatever they wanted :lol:
Original post by samb1234
You're only allowed one calculator now

in all exams? eg I have OCR core 2 As in a few weeks and I think I can bring graphics and usual calc??:redface:
Original post by surina16
same smh I don't like this new breed of mature year 7s. :biggrin: When I was in year 7 we literally obeyed the older years and did whatever they wanted :lol:

Yep theyre so.....rebellious now, they dont line up, dont have high pitched voices or care about their grades ...I mean what is that? And they sit around school like theyre the bees knees all up in there like
in all exams? eg I have OCR core 2 As in a few weeks and I think I can bring graphics and usual calc??:redface:

We were told by our exams officer that as of mid way through last years exam period you are only allowed one calculator for edexcel at least. They rang up several times and that is clearly their interpretation, tagging some people that might be able to clear it up as can't find anything online so best to get some people to clarify (jneill can you tag the other exams officers please i can't remember all of them)
Original post by samb1234
We were told by our exams officer that as of mid way through last years exam period you are only allowed one calculator for edexcel at least. They rang up several times and that is clearly their interpretation, tagging some people that might be able to clear it up as can't find anything online so best to get some people to clarify (jneill can you tag the other exams officers please i can't remember all of them)

thanks for the info! Yeah I have OCR so that maybe different but idk
I sat Edexcel GCSE Maths last year and I brought two identical calculators with me. I didn't bring a pencil case into the exam either and just had all my equipment laid on the desk. Invigilators didn't question me.
Why don't you take both? I wasn't planning to put my calculator in my pencil case and I am planning to keep a spare one in my bag just in case.

Quick Reply

Latest