Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Due to illness, I missed college open days. I had my interview in a rush two weeks before we got our placements and I never really got the chance to 'explore' my options. I chose to take history due to my A* predicted grade and have regretted this choice ever since.

I have no interest in history. I did at GCSE- or at least I thought I did. By Christmas, I was resenting history A-Level. By March, I hated it. Now I am at loss with it.

Another and more intense year of A2 history makes me want to burst into tears. Right now I am looking at taking a tunnel course in a subject I know I will enjoy. An A-Level in one year is a lot of hard work, but far more preferable to history.

Anyone else making a terrible A-Level choice? Please tell me I am not alone in wanting to drop a subject and take something else.

Sidenote: I have not given up with history, I have slogged my arse off every single day to try and keep up. I am trying my hardest despite the fact I hate it and if I do have to continue with it for A2, I will continue to try hard. The subject itself is an admirable one to take and I can see it being very enjoyable if you have an interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elizarax)
    Due to illness, I missed college open days. I had my interview in a rush two weeks before we got our placements and I never really got the chance to 'explore' my options. I chose to take history due to my A* predicted grade and have regretted this choice ever since.

I have no interest in history. I did at GCSE- or at least I thought I did. By Christmas, I was resenting history A-Level. By March, I hated it. Now I am at loss with it.

Another and more intense year of A2 history makes me want to burst into tears. Right now I am looking at taking a tunnel course in a subject I know I will enjoy. An A-Level in one year is a lot of hard work, but far more preferable to history.

Anyone else making a terrible A-Level choice? Please tell me I am not alone in wanting to drop a subject and take something else.

Sidenote: I have not given up with history, I have slogged my arse off every single day to try and keep up. I am trying my hardest despite the fact I hate it and if I do have to continue with it for A2, I will continue to try hard. The subject itself is an admirable one to take and I can see it being very enjoyable if you have an interest.
    Due to an accident and weeks off school, someone in my school had to change his A'levels as he did not want to redo the year. He ended up doing AS and A2 geography in one year and got an A.

ReputationRep:
    choiche geography -eng lit-french-spanish-italian-math-economics-physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    Due to an accident and weeks off school, someone in my school had to change his A'levels as he did not want to redo the year. He ended up doing AS and A2 geography in one year and got an A.
    That is pretty cool. Do you know if he found it hard?

My main problem is that 'tunnel' courses aka one year a levels are pretty limited but I'm VERY open minded right now due to how hard I find history. I would take Geography if they had it, or Sociology. I take Psychology and love it, I have an actual interest in Geography too...

ReputationRep:
    I suppose its like saying some people find maths easy , if its the way your mind works, its going to be ok for you.

He found it quite straightforward and he says it was easy but he was the only one who had ever tried it, and the teachers weren't too sure whether or not to give it a go, which they did in the end.

He was very determined though.

ReputationRep:
    Government and Politics is a good choice, I made the vital mistake of picking Physics last year:rolleyes:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.