Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...e_20150512.pdf

look at question 8. i have no idea what to do. the mark scheme didnt help at all. PLEASE HELP!

ReputationRep:
    Are you struggling to plot the graph or the analysis questions?

ReputationRep:
    Number 8 is the heart attacks one right? Did you plot the bar chart? which question are you not sure about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyFool229)
    Are you struggling to plot the graph or the analysis questions?
    plotting because its a bar chart and idk what to write on the x axis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkyone)
    Number 8 is the heart attacks one right? Did you plot the bar chart? which question are you not sure about?
    idk how to plot the bar chart :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gameofno)
    plotting because its a bar chart and idk what to write on the x axis
    So you always have your independent variable in the X axis, in this case it will be the age of the person
    Dependent goes on the Y axis which will be the number of heart attacks per 100 000 people

For each year you plot two bars, one for the males and one for the females

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyFool229)
    So you always have your independent variable in the X axis, in this case it will be the age of the person
    Dependent goes on the Y axis which will be the number of heart attacks per 100 000 people

For each year you plot two bars, one for the males and one for the females

and what units do i use for the x axis like should i say '1969-74' per line thingy on the x axis????

ReputationRep:
    and what units do i use for the x axis like should i say '1969-74' per line thingy on the x axis????

Years don't really have units so you would just put "Year" as the label for the X axis

ReputationRep:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...e_20150512.pdf

look at question 8. i have no idea what to do. the mark scheme didnt help at all. PLEASE HELP!
    Ok, so start off by plotting the graph - you should be able to do that. You basically have to do two separate lines on the graph. One to represent the women and one to represent the men. Make the X axis the independent variable, and the Y axis the dependent variable.
    Then, by 'describing how the data differs for men and woman' I think they may be asking you to comment on which gender has had the highest rate of heart attacks. I would probably start off by saying that the men had the highest rate of heartaches, and then go on to comment on perharps the shape of your graph and what that suggests. It is worth two marks - so as long as your apply enough evidence then you should be fine.
    For the next question, I would comment on how it has decreased. Perharps linking in with how medicine has improved - maybe lowering blood pressure.
    For part d - I cannot answer that right now, being that I haven't got my notes with me. I would refer back to your notes and apply the knowledge.

Anyway, I hope I helped don't take my word for it though - this is just how I would approach the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    Ok, so start off by plotting the graph - you should be able to do that. You basically have to do two separate lines on the graph. One to represent the women and one to represent the men. Make the X axis the independent variable, and the Y axis the dependent variable.
    Then, by 'describing how the data differs for men and woman' I think they may be asking you to comment on which gender has had the highest rate of heart attacks. I would probably start off by saying that the men had the highest rate of heartaches, and then go on to comment on perharps the shape of your graph and what that suggests. It is worth two marks - so as long as your apply enough evidence then you should be fine.
    For the next question, I would comment on how it has decreased. Perharps linking in with how medicine has improved - maybe lowering blood pressure.
    For part d - I cannot amswer that right now, being that I haven't got my notes with me. I would refer back to your notes and apply the knowledge.

Anyway, I hope I helped don't take my word for it though - this is just how I would approach the question
    That's pretty much how I would do it as well.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, we did this in class as a practice paper I put the number on the y axis and went up in 20s. Then for the x axis I put the years, I used 10 small boxes for each set of years like 1969-73 then split that into half so used 5 for men then 5 for women. I plotted the graph then shaded all the ones for men in one way and the ones for women in another way then I had a key elsewhere on the page as our teacher told us not to write too much on the x axis.

ReputationRep:
    @crazyfool229 @hannahrobinsxn @niv1234 thank u all so much u really helped <3 thank you x

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOpRT8BRGtk

Best Nitrogen cycle explanation on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    @crazyfool229 @hannahrobinsxn @niv1234 thank u all so much u really helped <3 thank you x
    No problem, good luck for your exam

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.