The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Living in London

I got accepted to UCL with a conditional offer and I would like to get one of their accomodation (student Houses)
Since it'a conditional offer, I was wondering what would happen with the accommodation if I don't meet the conditions.
If you don't meet the conditions it's likely you won't be accepted into UCL at all.

If they do let you in despite missing the conditions then you will get student accommodation like everywhere else.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Noodlzzz
If you don't meet the conditions it's likely you won't be accepted into UCL at all.

If they do let you in despite missing the conditions then you will get student accommodation like everywhere else.

But what i don't understand is: I have accepted as a firm choice the conditional offer at UCL, I will discover if I meet the conditions at the end of july, and the application for accommodation must be done before the end of may ( I have done it already); If in july I discover that I didn't meet the conditions will I be able to live in the house they assigned me anyway??
Original post by Feange
But what i don't understand is: I have accepted as a firm choice the conditional offer at UCL, I will discover if I meet the conditions at the end of july, and the application for accommodation must be done before the end of may ( I have done it already); If in july I discover that I didn't meet the conditions will I be able to live in the house they assigned me anyway??

No you won't be able to live there - your accommodation is conditional on receiving a place results day.
Reply 4
Original post by Feange

If you don't get into university due to missing your conditions then it stands to reason you won't get to live in university accommodation come September.

Some unis though will still offer you a place should you not meet your conditions but aren't too terribly far off.
Reply 5
So what do you think I should be doing??
If you read carefully the UCL site you see that despite the deadline for application is May the actual allocation of the rooms available is done at the end of August (after A levels publications) once they know exactly who has been able to satisfy the condition. If you fail to satisfy the condition you will not be offered accommodation and you will seek to secure lodging in your insurance choice. That accommodation will most likely be offered to someone who has put UCL as their insurance and, having failed their first choice, are now seeking to attend UCL. I have recently spoken to an administrator at UCL and he explained that this is exactly how things happen. You may not make your offer, others may not make their offer to say Oxbridge and attend UCL instead. So it's a musical chair game till everyone is sorted.
Reply 7
Original post by Leondarius
If you read carefully the UCL site you see that despite the deadline for application is May the actual allocation of the rooms available is done at the end of August (after A levels publications) once they know exactly who has been able to satisfy the condition. If you fail to satisfy the condition you will not be offered accommodation and you will seek to secure lodging in your insurance choice. That accommodation will most likely be offered to someone who has put UCL as their insurance and, having failed their first choice, are now seeking to attend UCL. I have recently spoken to an administrator at UCL and he explained that this is exactly how things happen. You may not make your offer, others may not make their offer to say Oxbridge and attend UCL instead. So it's a musical chair game till everyone is sorted.

Ohh ok!! I understand...

But I will Be able to find/look for an accommodation at SOAS ( my insurance choice)in time?
Thanks for the help!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Feange
Ohh ok!! I understand...

But I will Be able to find/look for an accommodation at SOAS ( my insurance choice)in time?
Thanks for the help!!

Depends on SOAS's policy with accommodation allocation.
Reply 9
Original post by Noodlzzz
Depends on SOAS's policy with accommodation allocation.

Okk!! I hope ill find a place!!
Thanks
Did you end up getting a place?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending