Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there anything more important in life than getting into a good uni? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely don't know. My Dad told me there isn't. Then my uncle confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arvindasaur)
    ur dad is an idiot. sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    If you listen to the opinions of others without challenging them, perhaps university isn't for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    If you listen to the opinions of others without challenging them, perhaps university isn't for you.
    Appropriate if OP is trolling, but not exactly constructive if OP is serious.

ReputationRep:
    You try hard in your A levels to get into the best university you can. You get into the best university you can to increase the chances of getting your dream job. The job/future opportunity is the ultimate goal, not the brand name of your institution.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by JPO92)
    Appropriate if OP is trolling, but not exactly constructive if OP is serious.
    I wouldn't have put it if I thought OP was serious.....

ReputationRep:
    This reeks of troll BO all over, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

University is the conventional route to a better paid job, but this is not always the case. If you have a talent that you know is special, and you're excellent at whatever it is, and it won't get better by going to a good Univeristy and you think you can make it a financial asset, why not?

Only you can decide that, don't expect your parents to provide the answers, they're rarely as informed as you are at what you are good at and what you aren't.

ReputationRep:
    Oh God I can't believe this but ATM no there isn't anything more important to me than getting into university! (except perhaps TSR) LoL

ReputationRep:
    “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
    JOHN LENNON

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious? Obviously it isn't.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Getting a 1st with an average over 80% in order to get into banking is.

ReputationRep:
    I clicked on this thread with the intention of putting an answer to this, but as I sit here with reams of paperwork, trying to figure out how to make £250,000 to pay for a diploma course, I find myself stuck for words.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't then you'll be condemned to the mines.

Seriously though, statistically you'll probably end up better off because of it but there's useless graduates and self-employed millionaires without any formal qualifications. It's as much down to the individual in question as anything else.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.