Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    OCD and Personality Disorders
    Mental Health Awareness Week 2016

Personality disorders are mental illnesses where an individual differs significantly from an average person, in terms of how they perceive, think, feel about or relate to others. According to the Royal College of Psychiatrists, in any given time, up to 1 in 20 people in England will have a personality disorder

TSR is running a campaign all of this week for Mental Health Awareness Week 2016 to promote and inform others of the state of mental health and to try and reduce the stigmas associated with mental health.

Some of our team have already written about OCD and personality disorders to get the ball rolling. Make sure to check them out here:Do you suffer with OCD or a PD? Want to clear up the stereotypes associated with it, or simply want to tell people about your experiences? Get involved in the conversation! Reply below or make a thread about it. Let's get people talking about mental health.

You can post anonymously here.

We're holding various events and writing about lots of different themes throughout the week. Take a look here!

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure I suffer with a personality disorder and mild OCD and am happy to write about it, but it will have to be during the day when I have access to my computer/laptop! So subbing for this reason

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm so glad to see that OCD has a special place in the awareness week. One of my number one goals in life is to raise awareness of this condition and erase the misconceptions surrounding it once and for all. I just hope I educate without totally pushing my views down peoples throats though

I've got a thread and blog set up on here for OCD so if anyone needs any more info or to just have a chat, just give me a shout

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    I am pretty sure I suffer with a personality disorder and mild OCD and am happy to write about it, but it will have to be during the day when I have access to my computer/laptop! So subbing for this reason

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That would be incredible! We'd be so grateful to hear about this! Thank you!

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I'm so glad to see that OCD has a special place in the awareness week. One of my number one goals in life is to raise awareness of this condition and erase the misconceptions surrounding it once and for all. I just hope I educate without totally pushing my views down peoples throats though

I've got a thread and blog set up on here for OCD so if anyone needs any more info or to just have a chat, just give me a shout

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your thread is incredible! Don't forget it! :yep: I have just seen that you sent a PM, my notifications were disabled by the dev team to reduce load so I didn't see it before :cry: I'm sorry, but it's still incredible and it will definitely help people to understand about OCD :jumphug: thank you for such a positive post!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.