Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do you hope to get when you open your results in the summer. For me my hopes are A/A*, however this can change because of how much revision i thought i would be able to do. Also it would be appreciated if you could give exam tips and last minute reminders and also how to reduce exam stress.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    eat a mcdonalds everyday until exam day it helps us very much.

ReputationRep:
    im hoping for:
    history - A*
    eng lang - A*
    eng lit - A*
    geog - A
    business - A
    science - AA or AB minimum
    maths - A i hope
    ICT - B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikkstar123)
    What do you hope to get when you open your results in the summer. For me my hopes are A/A*, however this can change because of how much revision i thought i would be able to do. Also it would be appreciated if you could give exam tips and last minute reminders and also how to reduce exam stress.
    Thanks
    also in exams USE ALL YOUR TIME. trust me u don't know how many dumb mistakes can be made. sleep well so you have good concentration and memory drink water & pee before your exam. reduce stress: try to have quiet time every night before bed to clear your mind (baths/showers are good too) x

ReputationRep:
    just pass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gameofno)
    also in exams USE ALL YOUR TIME. trust me u don't know how many dumb mistakes can be made. sleep well so you have good concentration and memory drink water & pee before your exam. reduce stress: try to have quiet time every night before bed to clear your mind (baths/showers are good too) x
    Thanks you so much and have you done your gcse's? Mine starts tommorow and i feel like i have revised the content but i do not know what might come up so i think i am over-revising or under-revising if that makes sense. Also there are times in the exams where i know the answer but over complicate it because the wording of the question confuses me. Any ideas why?

ReputationRep:
    im hoping for:
    history - A*
    eng lang - A*
    eng lit - A*
    geog - A
    business - A
    science - AA or AB minimum
    maths - A i hope
    ICT - B
    how much have you revised and do you think you will get those grades?. I stress too much over little things like for example entering an exam unprepared when im prepared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    just pass.
    Thats very simple but i do not want to pass borderline i want those high grades

ReputationRep:
    English: A
    Maths: A/B
    Science: A* in core A/B additional
    BCS:A*
    RS: A*
    History: B..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks you so much and have you done your gcse's? Mine starts tommorow and i feel like i have revised the content but i do not know what might come up so i think i am over-revising or under-revising if that makes sense. Also there are times in the exams where i know the answer but over complicate it because the wording of the question confuses me. Any ideas why?
    i havent done my gcses but we've had mocks & sooo many exams. my first is on tuesday. well, tbh its always better to over-revise. make sure u look at the specifications they will tell you what you need to know. have you done any past papers? if not, you should, as many of them give u an idea of what exactly the examiners are looking for. usually your brain interprets the question in different ways. when you look at a question underline the KEY THINGS they are asking you for. if its a long question try to plan it in the corner of the page. and don't try to complicate things: just see what its trying to get u to do, and try to answer it. make suure to read it carefully though (thats why you should underline key parts) e.g. explain how a stack is formed.
    underline EXPLAIN, STACK and FORMED

ReputationRep:
    how much have you revised and do you think you will get those grades?. I stress too much over little things like for example entering an exam unprepared when im prepared.
    i get you i revised for many things since last year, so im confident ill get good grades, but im not great at sci & maths, like no matter how much i revise :\ im trying to stay positive though lol

ReputationRep:
    English Language - A*
    English Lit - A*
    Science - A*A*
    Geography - A*
    Business - A*
    French - A*
    Spanish - A*
    International Mathematics - A*

ReputationRep:
    hopefully my grades will look like this:

maths - A*
    addmaths - A
    core science - B (i already did this and got rubbish in it last year)
    additional science - A*
    english literature - A/B
    english language - A/A*
    media studies - A*
    business studies - A*
    geography - A/A*
    art - A/B

core science will haunt me forever
    i suck at english lit
    art can get lost i dont care
    everything else im happy with

ReputationRep:
    i havent done my gcses but we've had mocks & sooo many exams. my first is on tuesday. well, tbh its always better to over-revise. make sure u look at the specifications they will tell you what you need to know. have you done any past papers? if not, you should, as many of them give u an idea of what exactly the examiners are looking for. usually your brain interprets the question in different ways. when you look at a question underline the KEY THINGS they are asking you for. if its a long question try to plan it in the corner of the page. and don't try to complicate things: just see what its trying to get u to do, and try to answer it. make suure to read it carefully though (thats why you should underline key parts) e.g. explain how a stack is formed.
    underline EXPLAIN, STACK and FORMED
    i also have an exam on tuesday and i also have done so many paper questions. It is just the thought of doing well vs the thought of not. I always realise in the end when i have finished a mock exam that i knew the answer but the exam stressed me. i really want to do well and i think i just got to believe in my self

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demoralism)
    hopefully my grades will look like this:

maths - A*
    addmaths - A
    core science - B (i already did this and got rubbish in it last year)
    additional science - A*
    english literature - A/B
    english language - A/A*
    media studies - A*
    business studies - A*
    geography - A/A*
    art - A/B

core science will haunt me forever
    i suck at english lit
    art can get lost i dont care
    everything else im happy with
    Yes core science haunted me since y9 for 2 years up untill now and yes my grades i hope will look like that too. How much have you revised and do you think that the night before cramming information is really worth it because i have heard it got people A/A* 'S

ReputationRep:
    i get you i revised for many things since last year, so im confident ill get good grades, but im not great at sci & maths, like no matter how much i revise :\ im trying to stay positive though lol
    yess me 222222

ReputationRep:
    yess me 222222
    just go into the exam and be really cocky and pretend like ur einstein and be like im so gonna get 12 A*'s and hopefully it'll work (im gonna do this lol)

ReputationRep:
    just go into the exam and be really cocky and pretend like ur einstein and be like im so gonna get 12 A*'s and hopefully it'll work (im gonna do this lol)
    hopefully lool thanks anyways, and any last minute revision technique

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for A*s in maths, English language and literature, biology, chemistry, physics, Latin, geography and Spanish. I took ICT and RS early last year and got two a's

ReputationRep:
    hopefully lool thanks anyways, and any last minute revision technique
    i guess last minute look at everything u have highlighted cuz that way u'll see the most important parts before u go into ur exam

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.