Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Questions about tea for my English exam watch

ReputationRep:
    Good afternoon,

I am Sarah, a student in a business high school in Switzerland. I am currently in third year of my apprenticeship as a commerce employee.For my English exams, I have to write a term paper about a subject related to the English-speaking world. I have to write it with information from English-speaking people. My subject is English tea-time. I have already contacted some people per mail, but I would like to try on a forum.

If you want to help me with my term paper, please answer these questions (the ones that you want, obviously). I would be grateful for your answers and very happy to learn about tea and your habits.

1. How many tea-times do you have in a day ?
    2. Which are the three most popular teas in United Kingdom ?
    3. Which place do you prefer to drink tea ? At home ? In a particular café ?
    4. Do you drink tea when you travel abroad ?
    5. Are there other countries that have the same tradition ?

Thanks in advance for your attention at my request.It will really help me :-)
    Sarah
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sarahbo)
    Good afternoon,

I am Sarah, a student in a business high school in Switzerland. I am currently in third year of my apprenticeship as a commerce employee.For my English exams, I have to write a term paper about a subject related to the English-speaking world. I have to write it with information from English-speaking people. My subject is English tea-time. I have already contacted some people per mail, but I would like to try on a forum.

If you want to help me with my term paper, please answer these questions (the ones that you want, obviously). I would be grateful for your answers and very happy to learn about tea and your habits.

As in how many cups of tea, i d say 3 most days.

Breakfast and early grey are the most popular but many people seem to like green tea these days.
    At home
    No, normally i get cold drinks or coffee as tea just doesnt taste the same abroad.

Sarah
    See above

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahbo)
    Good afternoon,

Sarah
    1. How many tea-times do you have in a day ? 3/4
    2. Which are the three most popular teas in United Kingdom ? English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Green Tea
    3. Which place do you prefer to drink tea ? At home ? In a particular café ? At home or Costa
    4. Do you drink tea when you travel abroad ? Yes - I always ask for English Breakfast Tea
    5. Are there other countries that have the same tradition ? Not sure

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.