TSR George
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
For those of us doing English Literature Mockingbird , I thought it would be a nice idea to discuss some things from it.
Last edited by RK; 5 months ago
Undec
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think I will fail.
TheOtherSide.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Undec)
I think I will fail.
So will I. :getmecoat:
Wolfram Alpha
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://www.shmoop.com/to-kill-a-mock...lee-ewell.html
Wolfram Alpha
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think Calpurnia or Heck Tate will be the main focus in part a for those who do the AQA board.
Ajjusrevision
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How are you all revising? I'm going to do a practise question over the weekend and (attempt to) mark it. If I have time I will analyse some characters. What is the other book and poetry section you are doing?
Wolfram Alpha
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GlassyMarbles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
I think Calpurnia or Heck Tate will be the main focus in part a for those who do the AQA board.
Why do you think that? Not that I don't believe you, I'd just like to see where you're coming from
octoberrain
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone doing Edexcel IGCSE on Monday? What do you predict for it?
GlassyMarbles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Racism examples/"white people giving black people hell":
- Trial (obvious but a clear example)
- Bob Ewell following Helen Robinson post-trial
- Missionary tea party post-trial, Aunt Alexandra's friends talking about black people
- Scout's new teacher at school, Miss Gates, post-trial, being hypocritical in emphasising that the USA is a democracy as Scout had earlier overheard her telling another person that "it's time [black people] got taught a lesson" (the quote's something along those lines)
- Racial segregation in the courtroom
- Dill saying "he doesn't look like trash" about Dolphus Raymond after being informed that he has a black lover and mixed-race children; not necessarily Dill giving them "hell" but shows how he has been influenced
- White people gambling in the black church during weekdays even though gambling is a sin in the bible; literally making their church a "hell"

That's all I can think of right now, hope this helps!
Wolfram Alpha
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GlassyMarbles)
Why do you think that? Not that I don't believe you, I'd just like to see where you're coming from
Calpurnia because she plays a major role in the upbringing of Scout andJem and she is the only black woman who is treated as more than a servant. HeckTate I think because although he is someone of authority, as the novelprogresses we can see that his sense of justice strengthens...
chloecam29
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing mockingbird with CCEA! It's closed book and I'm freaking out tbh
atrxdg
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
who is heck tate? and why do you predict this?

my english teacher said there is a high chance for jam and counts relationship to come up
atrxdg
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

my english teacher said there is a high chance for jam and counts relationship to come up
chloecam29
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by atrxdg)

I'm not doing AQA but this is Heck Tate
http://www.shmoop.com/to-kill-a-mock...heck-tate.html
Wolfram Alpha
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by atrxdg)

Heck Tate is the town Sheriff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (87)
31.29%
Less motivated (191)
68.71%

Watched Threads