Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am interested in taking Russian for A-Level, I am currently at my GCSEs and my school doesn't do Russian for GCSE as well as the sixth form for A-Level.

What can I do about that, would I have to find a college that has Russian? If so, are there any in London, specifically in North London or Hertfordshire that has it?

Also, my understanding of Russian (listening) is pretty good, although I need to work on writing and speaking.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denka)
    Hello,
    I am interested in taking Russian for A-Level, I am currently at my GCSEs and my school doesn't do Russian for GCSE as well as the sixth form for A-Level.

What can I do about that, would I have to find a college that has Russian? If so, are there any in London, specifically in North London or Hertfordshire that has it?

Also, my understanding of Russian (listening) is pretty good, although I need to work on writing and speaking.

Thank you.
    Wait, there is such thing as A Level Russian?? :gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    Wait, there is such thing as A Level Russian?? :gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp:
    Looks like there is, I saw an Edexcel past paper on it.
    I also saw good London colleges providing courses on it, but they were independent and I don't really want to pay fees :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denka)
    Looks like there is, I saw an Edexcel past paper on it.
    I also saw good London colleges providing courses on it, but they were independent and I don't really want to pay fees :P
    If I was in your dilemma I would just go to the college that you're meant to go to, and wait it out until university and apply for Russian there. They usually teach Russian ab initio, however by the time you've spent 4 years learning it you'll be fluent. Changing colleges simply because of an A Level is probably not the greatest idea.

ReputationRep:
    Alright thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.