Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Was playin basketball today and i think i busted my little finger. Not too sure though, does it hurt lots or wot? This doesnt seem to be hurtin alot but it was when i first did it, only hurts when i bend it now. What should i do if it is? Go hospital? I'm thinkin its only a lil finger but i dont want it to be like this forever. lol :eek:
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    hahahahaha

phone the NHS24.

I have no pity for you as I have two broken legs. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Eeeeps my bro did that when he punched a table..... and it hurt like hell

Get better soon!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    oh and I walked on my broken foot for 2 weeks before I went to a doctor. Breaking bones doesn't hurt that much actually. I was quite surprised. I thought I had sprained something, and I could still move my toes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rayban)
    Was playin basketball today and i think i busted my little finger. Not too sure though, does it hurt lots or wot? This doesnt seem to be hurtin alot but it was when i first did it, only hurts when i bend it now. What should i do if it is? Go hospital? I'm thinkin its only a lil finger but i dont want it to be like this forever. lol :eek:
    i broke it both of mine, once playing football and once basket ball. i couldnt move it at all and i went to the hospital and they put something so i couldnt move it for 4 weeks (bt i had the 4th finger broken 2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    i broke it both of mine, once playing football and once basket ball. i couldnt move it at all and i went to the hospital and they put something so i couldnt move it for 4 weeks (bt i had the 4th finger broken 2)
    How much did it acctually hurt?

Its nice in a kindof way, my warm broken finger feels nice on my other cold fingers. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    oh and I walked on my broken foot for 2 weeks before I went to a doctor. Breaking bones doesn't hurt that much actually. I was quite surprised. I thought I had sprained something, and I could still move my toes.
    it does hurt honnest especially when it bleeds

ReputationRep:
    aww...u poor thing! my brother fractured his finger playing basketball too! yeah go to a hospital to get it checked...it may just be a sprain...

ReputationRep:
    How much did it acctually hurt?
    the first time it was okay bt the second time there was blood all over, and after a while it went all blue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    it does hurt honnest especially when it bleeds

Breaking your arm doesnt hurt that much i was very suprized when i found out it was. When a pavement slab fell on my big toe though hurt a bit. It was one of the big ones. Although i was like 6 at the time. lol :/
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I broke my finger (playing netball, and I still scored the winning goal) and it didn't hurt much. It was swollen and bruised though, and I couldn't move it very well.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh, I hope I never ever break any bones.. never broke any before coz' I'm so paranoid.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    :eek: perhaps I am a weirdo with a high pain threshold? I have broken one foot in three places and the other in two. Yet it doesn't bother me. I just want the casts off already, they have been on for a month. It annoys me that I can't go to the gym.

ReputationRep:
    Breaking your arm doesnt hurt that much i was very suprized when i found out it was. When a pavement slab fell on my big toe though hurt a bit. It was one of the big ones. Although i was like 6 at the time. lol :/
    i broke my knee in judo 3 times and that hurts more than anyfing, that was sooooo bad

ReputationRep:
    When you break a bone, does it have any long-term effects or can it heal?

ReputationRep:
    Ive been there my friend, but wasnt broken, but hurt like hell!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    depends what kind of break you have and where. I have stress fractures on my feet which can weaken and break again if I dont take care of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    When you break a bone, does it have any long-term effects or can it heal?
    It can have long term effects, when i broke my arm i almost damaged my growth plate, meaning one arm would stop growing. Turned out ok though. When you break a bone it does heal well but never as strong as it first was.

ReputationRep:
    It can have long term effects, when i broke my arm i almost damaged my growth plate, meaning one arm would stop growing. Turned out ok though. When you break a bone it does heal well but never as strong as it first was.
    Oh gosh, I'm glad that your arm was okie.

What do you do to break so many bones? I hope you heal well

ReputationRep:
    Breaking my jaw and cheekbone went straight through my pain threshold, I couldn't actually feel it, I could just not open my mouth and I had a hematoma (sp) in my mouth so i knew something was wrong

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.