newt1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Use the Periodic Table to identify the species responsible for the peak at m/z = 64

Can someone please explain to me how you do this question the answer is Zn+
Science_help
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by newt1)
Use the Periodic Table to identify the species responsible for the peak at m/z = 64

Can someone please explain to me how you do this question the answer is Zn+
m/z is mass over charge, so you look at periodic table to see which element has mass closet to 64, which is zinc. And it must be 1+ as 64/1 = 64
BJA98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Science_help)
m/z is mass over charge, so you look at periodic table to see which element has mass closet to 64, which is zinc. And it must be 1+ as 64/1 = 64
If you use the Aqa insert, copper is closer to 64 at 63.5 compared to 65.5 of zinc, could you please explain the reason for choosing zinc?Thanks
Science_help
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BJA98)
If you use the Aqa insert, copper is closer to 64 at 63.5 compared to 65.5 of zinc, could you please explain the reason for choosing zinc?Thanks
could oyu give me the context of the question??
bidisha
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by BJA98)
in part a of this question you are being asked to calculate the Ar and you get 65.6. so you also use this value and compare it to the periodic table as well and you see that thesefor isotopes are of Zn and 64/1=64 so it is zn+
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (9)
6.16%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
17.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.38%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
28.08%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.81%

Watched Threads