Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi so we're doing the economics exam tomorrow, the 20 marker has a 3x KAAE structure + evaluation. By what i understand, after each KAA parts, we must add an evaluation, an evaluation is telling the examiner what's flawed with my last point, and what COULD go wrong, right? But I've also been informed that we must include a counter point, eg the OTHER side of the argument, THIS is the part i'm hugely confused by, this surely implies that WITHIN my evaluation, i have another KAA paragraph that is another counter point ( or the other side of the debate).
    Can anyone clear up this confusion for me? Thank you so much anyone who replies, probably saved my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sragdoll)
    Hi so we're doing the economics exam tomorrow, the 20 marker has a 3x KAAE structure + evaluation. By what i understand, after each KAA parts, we must add an evaluation, an evaluation is telling the examiner what's flawed with my last point, and what COULD go wrong, right? But I've also been informed that we must include a counter point, eg the OTHER side of the argument, THIS is the part i'm hugely confused by, this surely implies that WITHIN my evaluation, i have another KAA paragraph that is another counter point ( or the other side of the debate).
    Can anyone clear up this confusion for me? Thank you so much anyone who replies, probably saved my life.
    Hi there, 20 markers are supposed to be KAA= 14 marks and Eval= 6 marks. The counter point is actually more to do with criticising the evaluation point you just made. So for example if you're talking about PES of agricultural goods and minimum price schemes, you start your evaluation point talking about the short run effects, but then you go into the long term effects which acts as your counter point. Apparently you are marked on the structure of your essays in the 20 markers as well, so make sure that each point is clearly laid out! Good luck

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.