The Student Room Group

Should I marry him? Please can I have some advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zayn is Bae
:rofl: genuinely can't tell if this sort of thread is a troll or people are thick enough to think like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

its lols cos the user is called mariam786 aka typical tep and will almost defo bend over whenever mum says she has to get married cos 'mum knows best'
You'd have already run a mile in the other direction if this guy wasn't rich. Just putting that out there.
Aside from the creepy age gap, at worst he should be asking you to be his girlfriend and be in an official relationship for a period of time before you start ringing wedding bells.

The fact that he's so eager to marry you without even wanting to date you properly first says a lot, specifically that he's only after one thing.
I'm assuming you come from a background where pre-marital sex is frowned upon, all he wants is to have sex with you - marrying you ASAP is the only way he can get it.
Original post by mariam687
he seems nice by the looks of it

i think you should accept the proposal :smile:

and plus, your mum wants you to
and mums know best :smile:

worst advice ever.

People change drastically in their late teens/early 20s that they aren't the same
person whom they were couple years back. OP needs time to develop and grow as a individual before she can make life-changing decisions.

Marrying someone for money is just ... :shot:

When OP should be
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Thomb
Theres no hint of him being abusive in the OP. so why imply that he might be? Just because he's older and 'mysterious doesn't correlate with him being abusive in any way.

For all you know the OP might turn out to be abusive in her later years.

I was just giving a random scenario
What's important is do you love him?
I just think that it's really odd that you said that you feel scared that he might rape you.
I think that this is a signpost that you shouldn't marry him.
It seems like you and him have a good friendly relationship.
It appears that you have a physical attraction to him, but if you were in love with him you'd know whether to marry him straight away.
My advice is just to say no politely (I know it must be hard with family and friends pressuring you) and then find a job and try and lead a normal life.
Or anything I would suggest is that you could start dating him?
It seems like your family are very traditional.
Original post by insert-username
Aside from the creepy age gap, at worst he should be asking you to be his girlfriend and be in an official relationship for a period of time before you start ringing wedding bells.

The fact that he's so eager to marry you without even wanting to date you properly first says a lot, specifically that he's only after one thing.
I'm assuming you come from a background where pre-marital sex is frowned upon, all he wants is to have sex with you - marrying you ASAP is the only way he can get it.

Maybe he genuinely likes her, but I agree with you too.
Original post by sell my secrets
Even if you do decide to marry him, definitely do not do it on the back of this advice.

Check this girls profile ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds like a creep
If you're asking tsr about this, I really don't think you should marry this person. :tongue: If you truly loved the person, you'd know yourself and wouldn't have to ask random people who could care less about you or your feelings.
Reply 110
How about seeing what it's like dating him? Suggest that to him first and see how it goes, it could be the best thing ever.
What's the rush? You're 19, there shouldn't be one.

If you really have feelings for this guy then date him. Don't enter a marriage without knowing the person completely, you don't want any nasty surprises.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
What seems to be bothering me is that OP sounds very naive. She should be out there enjoying romance/dating. Not tied down with marriage to some guy who might be loaded but doesn't know her at all.

Sounds about right, being tied down to a marriage at her age is a monumental waste

Quick Reply

Latest