Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I wish I could get on the SPA website :mad:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 61
How do I see my module marks? I can't see a link anywhere.
Reply 62
Found it now! Stress over!
Reply 63
Argh, only 3 of the 5 engineering modules are online. I know I've passed them all, and I've almost definitely got a 1st due to 100% on one module and 1sts on the other 2, but I want to be able to say I have a 1st!
Reply 64
B2? At Mildert, there were something like 7 out of 10 who took B2 having to resit... oops.

Nah. British Economy. B2 was passed with 41!!!
Reply 65
Human Origins seem to have been quite generous with their marking. I thought I woul have been in single figures in terms of grades, but I got 30% despite only answering one question out of three. Hopefully I will pass the resit.
Reply 66
73.5 average thank GOODNESS. better than expected :smile:
Reply 67
2:1

score :biggrin:

(60.3% overall, haha!)
Reply 68
Nice one Dobbsio, pulled it up a whole 1% in the last year I see :p:
Reply 69
Went down to the Engineering department to find out why all the marks weren't up. They've since put them up. Got 82% average, managed to get 90% in an exam I was convinced I'd failed. Oh well.

If only this counted...
Heh, I feel like that too Shmerm, I wish mine counted, but you wouldn't have caught me saying that before I got my (unexpectedly good) results...

Like you, I got 85 in an exam that I thought I could have scraped a 2:2 in if I was lucky...
Reply 71
Kev, well done amigo. That's ****ing brilliant news. So glad you got that 2.1.

And Alex, well done, you smartypants. How the hell do you do that!?

I want to be smart again! Congrats guys, you did good!!

I still have to wait 24 hours for my results, but REALLY no rush.
RobbieC
Kev, well done amigo. That's ****ing brilliant news. So glad you got that 2.1.

And Alex, well done, you smartypants. How the hell do you do that!?

I want to be smart again! Congrats guys, you did good!!

I still have to wait 24 hours for my results, but REALLY no rush.

Hmm, I think second year natural sciences results have been brought forward Rob. They're released in 3 hours. :s-smilie:
Jelkin
I feel particularly sorry for law students!

:frown:

And becoming a barrister pretty much depends on getting a first!!

:bawling:
Reply 74
I feel sorry for law students because 1. They're doing law and 2. I've meet some law students.
Reply 75
Oh,and congrats on Goldenbarnes and RobbieC for passing!
Reply 76
Question, what is the law department's policy about marks that are on the periphery (ie: if you got 69.6%, does that mean you got a 1st or a 2:1?) Thanks!
Reply 77
I think if you get a mark close to the boundary you have to go for an interview (a "Viva Voce" or something) and they ask you questions then decide what sort of material you are.
Reply 78
I got a 2.2, which isnt great... but if you know the context then its pretty ****ing good. I am very pleased to have no resits, because right now on balance, I should be kicked out of uni. Whats best... I get to stay on my masters course.

Lmmfao.
Reply 79
TKR
I think if you get a mark close to the boundary you have to go for an interview (a "Viva Voce" or something) and they ask you questions then decide what sort of material you are.

This depends on departments.

For example, in Geology - ALL students have vivas

In Biology - people on boundaries and then a random 10% of students are picked out to have vivas

In Geography very very few people have vivas - out of the 200 or so students this year there were 4 vivas! This is only in cases of things like if you had major illnesses/mitigating circumstances or if they believe your dissertation was a bit weird (i.e. maybe you cheated somehow!) - but if it's just a grade boundary thing then they just look at your essays/coursework etc. to decide.

If you get 69.5% or above, it's a First
If you get 59.5% or above, it's a 2:1
If you get 49.5% or above, it's a 2:2

I got 60.3% - Ali, no, last year I got ~61%, this year I got ~59% which brought me to the 60.3% haha, so I did WORSE this year!

I have a friend who got 59.8% which makes it a 2:1, so they ALWAYS round up, don't worry! :smile:

I also have a friend who got 69% but had a viva (in Geology) - it went well so they gave him a First. Another friend got 59% (in Biology) and had a viva which went well so they gave him a 2:1. You can ONLY go up in a viva - you can never go down! (i.e. if you were on 61% and had a CRAPPY viva they could NOT push you down to a 2:2!)

Latest