The Student Room Group

My crush is confusing me, badly!

So there's this girl that I met on twitter, she's from Canada and I'm from the UK. She's 21 and I'm 17. We've been talking quite a bit recently and it seems that she's into me and god dam I'm into her, she's something else, like unbelievably beautiful. I just don't know what to do about the whole distance thing as it is about 3600 miles away and a long ass flight. I hope to become a chartered accountant within the next years which could help, financially and geographically as I could perhaps get a job across the ocean but it's a huge risk. I managed to get her number last week and we've been texting pretty consistently (as much as the timezones allow).

We were talking last night and I explained that when she texts me, my world lights up and then she replied saying "You make me feel so incredible and it's been a while since someone's made me feel this way". I don't know where to go from here, does she like? Is she trying to say she likes me? She calls herself emotionally unavailable so I thought for her to reveal that means she must trust me to some degree? Immediately after, we both asked each other where we see ourselves in 10 years and our answers were perfectly similar, kids and a husband and living in Canada. But since then, which was 2 days ago, haven't heard from her at all, she used to reply instantly pretty much but it's been a slow few days.

Where/should I go from here?

Scroll to see replies

fam shes underage, chill bro, find someone your own age
Original post by King_ajk
fam shes underage, chill bro, find someone your own age

He's 17... she's 21...
Fly out and meet her. Some youtuber did this on a total whim, they only knew each other for a few days. They've been together for a year now. (she spoke 0 english he spoke 0 mexican)

edit: I mean once she replies back to you, if your looking for something serious I think you should do this :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Imperion
He's 17... she's 21...

oh my bad, then its hormones playing up and she needs to get a grip of herself
Reply 5
Be careful of this she could be using you for an ego boost I'll be honest it's easy to type a few flirty words and make someone feel incredible.
Would be better if you met in person but looks impossible as you are 17 and probably still at school with no job and your mum still washing your pants don't know if she wants to be with a child.

Also she is emotionally unavailable meaning she isn't interested in a relationship.
Reply 6
Original post by Imperion
He's 17... she's 21...

Original post by King_ajk
oh my bad, then its hormones playing up and she needs to get a grip of herself

:rofl:
4 years isn't too bad for an age gap tbh.
There r loads of people out there with a larger age gap than that. Imagine in 4 years time, you'd b 21 and she'd b 25. Not bad, is it?
Original post by rayestar
4 years isn't too bad for an age gap tbh.
There r loads of people out there with a larger age gap than that. Imagine in 4 years time, you'd b 21 and she'd b 25. Not bad, is it?

Yeah 4 years is nothing if the guy is the young one them 4 years is huuuuuuuuge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
You do realise she would be playing the dominating role?:spank:
Reply 10
Ego boost, seen a lot of them recently. She probably has a relationship and uses you on the side to make herself feel better by hearing stuff from you that her boyfriend probably won't say to her. Just let it go, it's an impossible dream right now unless your family allows you to fly there and meet her. Even then, the possibility that you'd have gone for nothing is high and isn't worth the risk. Find someone from your own area or something and keep moving.
Original post by Thomb
You do realise she would be playing the dominating role?:spank:

What's wrong with that? :colone:
Reply 12
Original post by Alexion
What's wrong with that? :colone:

Well I'm just saying he should prepare to be demeaned. :angry:
Original post by Thomb
Well I'm just saying he should prepare to be demeaned. :angry:

I dont think so, as someone who has been the toddler in a relationship, she made sure I was happy. Im sure OPs crush would put him first if it ever ends up as a relationship

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by nerdling_CompSci
I dont think so, as someone who has been the toddler in a relationship, she made sure I was happy. Im sure OPs crush would put him first if it ever ends up as a relationship

Posted from TSR Mobile

First in line for a good thrashing.
Original post by IAmYourdog
(she spoke 0 english he spoke 0 mexican)

I think we we all speak 0 "Mexican".
There's millions of girls in the uk who would be much more convenient to date - there's almost certainly nothing that special about this girl which you won't be able to find closer to home, and you haven't invested that much time into it yet, so best to just look elsewhere and not torture yourself over one girl just because you've become infatuated with her, which happens surprisingly easily (trust me, I've been there too many times).
(edited 7 years ago)
imagine it was catfish
Reply 18
Original post by IAmYourdog
Fly out and meet her. Some youtuber did this on a total whim, they only knew each other for a few days. They've been together for a year now. (she spoke 0 english he spoke 0 mexican)

edit: I mean once she replies back to you, if your looking for something serious I think you should do this :tongue:

How did they even interact then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingstonWarrior
So there's this girl that I met on twitter, she's from Canada and I'm from the UK. She's 21 and I'm 17. We've been talking quite a bit recently and it seems that she's into me and god dam I'm into her, she's something else, like unbelievably beautiful. I just don't know what to do about the whole distance thing as it is about 3600 miles away and a long ass flight. I hope to become a chartered accountant within the next years which could help, financially and geographically as I could perhaps get a job across the ocean but it's a huge risk. I managed to get her number last week and we've been texting pretty consistently (as much as the timezones allow).

We were talking last night and I explained that when she texts me, my world lights up and then she replied saying "You make me feel so incredible and it's been a while since someone's made me feel this way". I don't know where to go from here, does she like? Is she trying to say she likes me? She calls herself emotionally unavailable so I thought for her to reveal that means she must trust me to some degree? Immediately after, we both asked each other where we see ourselves in 10 years and our answers were perfectly similar, kids and a husband and living in Canada. But since then, which was 2 days ago, haven't heard from her at all, she used to reply instantly pretty much but it's been a slow few days.

Where/should I go from here?

Honestly, I don't want to rain on your parade and you must do what you consider best.

But, seriously, I invite you to consider the possibility that getting to know her in real time/life could be a lot less stimulating than your online interactions.

I've lost count of the number of people I've known who have been really keen online and it's evaporated within a short time of meeting.

You may have Skype calls daily, frequent texts, a great vibe and all that, but day-to-day reality is a more patient and sober test my friend.

Festina lente- make haste slowly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending