StudentLucy1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
In a week, I will be doing my English lit Animal Farm GSCE. I am quite worried about it. Any tips about exam technique and getting good marks?
ChocolateCosmos
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Likewise. Doing it in a week....
Haven't touched english WHATSOEVER

Doing Of Mice and Men + Animal Farm

Edexcel?
Jennykate2000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Me too! The only tip I can give is to make sure you know the novel inside and out, by that I mean know what chapters certain important events are in etc, that way if you get into the exam and look at question c and panic, then you can think back and be like actually I do know this! Good luck, I'm sure it'll be fine! 😊
rgwx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The good thing is animal farm is one of the BEST texts you could possibly study at GCSE. Make sure that the examiner is aware that you understand that the novella is a political allegory and that you can really 'hold the key themes and characters up to the light in order to assess their relevance and meaning'. As jennykate2000 says learn the basic structure so that you can identify roughly what order the events happen in and you can go straight to them in the exam. I got a top A* at gcse and full marks at AS in lit so if you need any help feel free to message me
StudentLucy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChocolateCosmos)
Likewise. Doing it in a week....
Haven't touched english WHATSOEVER

Doing Of Mice and Men + Animal Farm

Edexcel?
I'm the same, I've only learnt a few notes! I'm doing ccea
StudentLucy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by rgwx)
The good thing is animal farm is one of the BEST texts you could possibly study at GCSE. Make sure that the examiner is aware that you understand that the novella is a political allegory and that you can really 'hold the key themes and characters up to the light in order to assess their relevance and meaning'. As jennykate2000 says learn the basic structure so that you can identify roughly what order the events happen in and you can go straight to them in the exam. I got a top A* at gcse and full marks at AS in lit so if you need any help feel free to message me
Thank you so much! That really helps
StudentLucy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jennykate2000)
Me too! The only tip I can give is to make sure you know the novel inside and out, by that I mean know what chapters certain important events are in etc, that way if you get into the exam and look at question c and panic, then you can think back and be like actually I do know this! Good luck, I'm sure it'll be fine! 😊
Thank you!
ChocolateCosmos
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rgwx)
Thanks so much!
In terms of the political allegory, its my world... Im a political freak and know the Stalinist regime inside-out.

But, Does waffling help at all?
Any other specific tips? Anything will be useful.
My biggest issue is over-analysing.
How do I keep it concise?
Thomb
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My best advice? Read the book again.
StudentLucy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thomb)
My best advice? Read the book again.
Okay, will do. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed