The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paul514
Away to burton in the next round

Decent tie. Local away to lower league opposition.

Up the Villa.
Dear Steve Bruce,

Jedinak is supposed to be 4th choice centre back not 2nd.

Signed,

Everyone who has ever watched football.
Watch us get a clean sheet now lmao
Second crap game out of two from our new keeper
Original post by paul514
Second crap game out of two from our new keeper

Not looking good is it.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Not looking good is it.

No it bloody isn’t, both keepers look like a liability!
Original post by paul514
No it bloody isn’t, both keepers look like a liability!

Any suggestions as to how we fix this?
Any suggestions as to how we fix this?

Well a keeper at any level be it Sunday league or the World Cup final needs to be sure he will claim the ball if he comes off the line.

It smells of bad decision making, which is probably the worst trait for a keeper.

I don’t want to write him off about 3 hours of football but it doesn’t look good at all.

I’d certainly keep some of my money for January for a keeper rather than spending it all on loans now.

Leave some in the kitty for wages for a loan, Burnley have 3 good keepers for instance.
Decent chance of us signing bolasie today according to the papers.
Original post by paul514
Decent chance of us signing bolasie today according to the papers.

Would take. Decent signing.
Would take. Decent signing.

The mail says we are getting bolasie and the Dutch winger in today.

Apparently we are after Matt target from Southampton too
Original post by paul514
The mail says we are getting bolasie and the Dutch winger in today.

Apparently we are after Matt target from Southampton too

I'd have liked to have seen us sign Terry again. Depending on wages, but surely offering him something is more than he's getting right now.
I'd have liked to have seen us sign Terry again. Depending on wages, but surely offering him something is more than he's getting right now.

Well yea!

We obviously have money to spend seeing as we bid for Bryan, and now loaning a player who is on similar wages to terry.

He’s on a free so not using up a loan slot either.
I'm not enjoying the match.
I'm not enjoying the match.

Nice to see kodija have two pieces of play that looked like him before the injury.

We have played decently but at the back it’s quite poor for me tuanzebe is a central player and Jedi should be forth choice.

When watching the game I was counting loan players in my head and thinking we must ask terry to come back to balance this out
Now that's a late show
Sign Terry we go up in autos.
Sign Terry we go up in autos.

Well we would have a better chance it’s very shaky back there and it wasn’t last year.

I felt terry had great qualities but we always had to play a defensive midfielder to cover him against his lack of pace.

The way I see it now is pay a couple of million in wages and if we get a similar performance from him to last season and we will have a better chance than we have today.

We are running out of loan spaces, tuanzebe and el gaze or however you say his name are in.

Bolasie is due to sign tomorrow apparently.

That leaves two spaces while we need a centre forward, left back and centre back.

If we are to fill all three one has to be a free, terry is the obvious choice.
Bolasie signs bring on Reading now
The club needs to sort out the way kits are unveiled and distributed. Every year we have to wait until right at the end before they're unveiled and the club shop didn't have any shirts in stock this week. So amateurish.

And when is the ****ing crest going to be changed?

Anyway UTV 💜💙💜💙💜

Quick Reply

Latest