The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paul514
Nah it’s not that we did alright without him for a few games it’s something else, I’m worried.

Aging team doesn't help, they can't keep the tempo up which is why we will see a completely different team next season.
Original post by Rock Fan
Aging team doesn't help, they can't keep the tempo up which is why we will see a completely different team next season.

They aren’t that old, most of the older players aren’t first team or are defenders
Original post by paul514
They aren’t that old, most of the older players aren’t first team or are defenders

Well Hutton and Whelan are mid 30s and they won't get renewed, Jedinak too.
Well Hutton and Whelan are mid 30s and they won't get renewed, Jedinak too.

Yea and I can’t remember the last time Jedi played, whelan is a bench player who plays in a none mobile role and Hutton fair enough but even so recently he has favoured Bree

I just don’t buy it 😑
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by paul514
Yea and I can’t remember the last time Jedi played, whelan is a bench player who plays in a none mobile role and Hutton fair enough but even so recently he has favoured Bree

I just don’t buy it 😑

We don't have a decent holding midfielder and again as mentioned earlier Grealish makes us tick.
We don't have a decent holding midfielder and again as mentioned earlier Grealish makes us tick.

Then what’s changed in the second half of the games jack hasn’t been playing
Original post by paul514
Then what’s changed in the second half of the games jack hasn’t been playing

Have you seen since he got injured against West Brom our performances have been no where near what they were before, he ran the show for the Derby and Middlesbrough games, him and McGinn work well together, now he's not playing McGinn is having to do about 3 people's jobs. I really feel the past few games have been down to the fact we lost Grealish, not only that Axel getting injured as well didn't help.
Ross McCormack opens up about his time at Villa
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46934560
Ross McCormack opens up about his time at Villa
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46934560

An excuse to deflect from a draw at Preston 😂

Expensive excuse that is.
Original post by paul514
An excuse to deflect from a draw at Preston 😂

Expensive excuse that is.

I know right, such a bad egg. Meanwhile you heard Bolasie has gone back to Everton, clearing the way for Andre Green to get a run I guess.
I know right, such a bad egg. Meanwhile you heard Bolasie has gone back to Everton, clearing the way for Andre Green to get a run I guess.

I like bolasie but I suppose we can get another loan in for someone who will be more effective for the money or even spend a couple of million on a rough diamond
Original post by paul514
I like bolasie but I suppose we can get another loan in for someone who will be more effective for the money or even spend a couple of million on a rough diamond

Highest earner he was but had some bugger all lately I am afraid, not sorry to see him go back.
Highest earner he was but had some bugger all lately I am afraid, not sorry to see him go back.

Well let’s hope he knows what he’s doing because recently I’ve not seen it, then again it will be another player of his own choice in the squad coming in so I dunno you keep saying about needing players who can play his way
Original post by paul514
Well let’s hope he knows what he’s doing because recently I’ve not seen it, then again it will be another player of his own choice in the squad coming in so I dunno you keep saying about needing players who can play his way

Well yes this is it, he's not got the players really to play his way yet, too much deadwood i.e. Bruce players.
At last a win even if it was the worst team in the Championship.
At last a win even if it was the worst team in the Championship.

We need two points a game minimum now to make sure we get in the top six, being 7th you may as well be 14th
Well Jack's back in light training now so hopefully that will help
[video="youtube;QUYTCS8g5kc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUYTCS8g5kc[/video]throw back to 1996, that penalty from Dwight Yorke.
Well Jack's back in light training now so hopefully that will help

Im more interested with how we are going to stop giving away so many goals.
Original post by paul514
Im more interested with how we are going to stop giving away so many goals.

A lot of sources saying Tyrone Mings will sign for us from Bournemouth, certainly a left back that we need.

Quick Reply

Latest