The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
Worst I seen us in the first half since the Wigan game, improved second half but by then way too late

It still wasn’t good enough it was just some added desire that’s all.

It was still the same issues with disjointed play.

Makes the Newcastle game a must win as the next three after that if memory serves me is Utd, Chelsea and Leicester before the handful of winnable games around Christmas.

That will be an enormous week for us.
Usually Deano has a good record against Steve Bruce
Happy 145th Birthday Aston Villa
A very enjoyable performance tonight
A very enjoyable performance tonight

The first half was, and the second half was alright, John was quite for once and deano was driving me mad not making the subs.

Relieved to have that 4 point cushion with the games we have before the League Cup.
Original post by paul514
The first half was, and the second half was alright, John was quite for once and deano was driving me mad not making the subs.

Relieved to have that 4 point cushion with the games we have before the League Cup.

Even then John could have scored at the end
Just thought I’d pop in the say that I like Grealish now.
Best chance in years of getting something off United today
A draw at old Trafford isn’t bad but we could have won that today.
Grealish will rue that miss despite his worldie
Grealish will rue that miss despite his worldie

Yea great goal it was very nonchalant
FB_IMG_1575484520700.jpg
RIP Ron Saunders, who managed Aston Villa to the league title in 1981 (and Norwich into the top division before that).
Died at 3pm too. Classic.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by barnetlad
RIP Ron Saunders, who managed Aston Villa to the league title in 1981 (and Norwich into the top division before that).

Greatest ever manager we had, hope the boys do him proud tomorrow
That’s the best performance we have faced this year for me.
Yeah sadly they absolutely done us over, shouldn't have left Mings on though and we left Jonny Evans totally unmarked for the 3rd goal
Yeah sadly they absolutely done us over, shouldn't have left Mings on though and we left Jonny Evans totally unmarked for the 3rd goal

Yep no idea why he didn’t come off straight away, very poor.

I didn’t even see the second goal coming 👀
Original post by paul514
Yep no idea why he didn’t come off straight away, very poor.

I didn’t even see the second goal coming 👀

Well he thought it was cramp, would have thought he knew it was his hamstring. Opening 15 minutes we were bright but soon as we conceded those two goals, their heads went even though Grealish did pull one back.
Well he thought it was cramp, would have thought he knew it was his hamstring. Opening 15 minutes we were bright but soon as we conceded those two goals, their heads went even though Grealish did pull one back.

Top goal scorer now this year

Quick Reply

Latest