The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA1 - 24 May 2016 - RESIT [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

So is the general consensus that the heater question was 228V and the last question was 3.4 ohms??
Original post by Lazarus26
So is the general consensus that the heater question was 228V and the last question was 3.4 ohms??

I think soo

seems that way, annoyingly those were the 2 of the 3 questions i know i messed up on :/
Probs got around 46/70 will i get a B?
how'd you get 3.4?? i got 3.6
Original post by Exams987
AQA Physics PHYA1 - 24 May 2016 - RESIT [Exam Discussion Thread]

How did everyone find the exam
Found it ok. Was aiming for 100ums but i think ill get 95 though. How did you find it?
if any unofficial mark scheme surfaces plz link me up compadres :smile:
Everyone please correct, suggest and add. Rep is appreciated,
What i got so far.
1) isotope - same no. protons, diff no. neutrons
92*1.6*10^-19/mass no. * 1.67*10^-something I got 3.7 * 10^something 3 electrons removed to 89 fill in -
mass number stays the same, 93 protons, (0, -1 )for beta minus particle and antineutrino
Pair production
Rest Energies of electron and positron must be equal or greater to photon in order to conserve energy. Below energy pair production will not take place
Show that, using (0.51MeV x 2) in data sheet. = 1.02MeV
Photon frequency ( 1.6X10^13/h) = 2.4x10^20 Hz
lepton number conserved (0=0)Kaon decays via weak, so pi 0

Diodes - 6 marker is June 2009, refer to MS
Switch wiring to cell so that opposite flow, Or Switch diode so reverse bias.
Resistance increases, Voltage Decreases. ( i put it so that Res decreases which is wrong as its non-ohmic)

Heating Element BS
V peak to Peak is 650V
4040W, 228V,

7) Current not flowing, therefore dot on the oscilloscope
PQ is Emf=6Volts
current=0.28A,(5/18) I used 5 as it was in parallel with the internal res so voltage has to be 5?.
Internal resistance = 3.6 Ohms. / 3.8 Due to rounding( Using Emf - V = 1)

Prediction - 56/55 For an A
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 389
Okay you little maggot, Physics is the most important subject in the world, let alone science, hence why it is in the highest demand for workers, and pays the most. After all Biology would no where without physics, for example, try and use your High powered and resolving microscopes, without them having been invented due to Physics. Just a basic example. If, however, you do manage so use one in your life, try and analyse your puny brain to try and find a brain cell somewhere. Good Day.
(edited 7 years ago)
i know for a fact that X was a pi nought for 3 marks, i doubt you can get 3 marks for kaon nought because strangeness doesnt need to be conserved in that interaction and it didnt say it was so i assume that you had to assume it was a weak decay but similair to the 2015 omega particle the marking could be the same style.

the rms voltage **** i got 229 V will i get follow on marks for using that?
also i swear the power dissipapted or something is 4400W not 4040 because you are working out the power dissipated for a DC supply not the AC so thats why u dont convert it into the peak value? am i missing something

as for the current in the last question i dont understand why its 5/18 and not 1/18, isnt the pd across the 18 ohm resistor 1V ? because you had 6V to start with and at the end u had 5V so 1V is lost in the resistor hence pd across resistor is 1V?
but i did try using 1/18 and ended up getting a negative internal resistance which is obvioiusly wrong so i just went for the 5/18 and i miscalculated and got bloody 4.2ohms
Original post by LuMonk7
Okay well 1 thing you little maggot, Physics is the most important subject in the world, let alone science, hence why it is in the highest demand for workers, and pays the most. After all Biology would no where without physics, for example, try and use your High powered and resolving microscopes, without them having been invented due to. Just a basic example. If, however, you do manage so use one in your life, try and analyse your puny brain to try and find a brain cell somewhere. Good Day.

every science (phys, bio. chem) would be nowhere without each other u noob
each is as important as the other but bio is the worst to study (my opinion) :biggrin:
Is this the thread for AQA AS physics paper 1 because I don't remember any of the questions that you guys are asking about
I got 45/70 will i get 80Ums marks?
Original post by cookies2312
Is this the thread for AQA AS physics paper 1 because I don't remember any of the questions that you guys are asking about

never mind just saw the word "resit"
Hope everyone did good
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cookies2312

This is for the resit of the old spec AQA Physics Unit 1. The new spec paper is on another thread.

3.6 ohms is the general consensus not 3.4.
Reply 397
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheLifelessRobot
3.6 ohms is the general consensus not 3.4.

Do you think they will allow 3.4? Like for rounding and stuff?
Original post by Examguy123
Do you think they will allow 3.4? Like for rounding and stuff?

I think it was 3.6 if you rounded before the end, because i didnt and got 3.4

Quick Reply

Latest