The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA1 - 24 May 2016 - RESIT [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

What did everybody draw for the circuit?
I just drew a normal circuit with a diode, ammeter, voltmeter and battery. I was unsure if you needed a variable resistor since it was only 2 marks but I did say in the 6 marker to use a variable current.
Someone know markcheme for P1 2016 physics As aqa exam?
Grade boundaries will be lower than is being made out here. Yes it seems like we all understood what the paper was saying and did well, but bare in mind, we worked really hard. We are on a ****ing student forum ffs, the vast majority are not, and werent as committed as us, we just dont look that high-level compared to each other because we probably all put in more time than the average person. There were people at my school who forgot what pair production was

50 to 53 for an A
Original post by jonny7bell
What did everybody draw for the circuit?
I just drew a normal circuit with a diode, ammeter, voltmeter and battery. I was unsure if you needed a variable resistor since it was only 2 marks but I did say in the 6 marker to use a variable current.

You need something to alter the current and the voltage to gain any meaningful results, with your circuit you would only obtain 1 set of data. You would need a variable resistor to get seven sets of voltage with the changing current, it was quite an important part of the 6 mark question to have some form of altering the voltage and resistance. I'd say you'd get 1 mark for having a voltmeter, ammeter and a diode assuming the voltmeter was over the diode.
Hi all,

for some reason I can't seem to find the Unit 2 re sit thread

So if anyone is interested ... you may remember the specification overview video that I did for this unit .... I have now uploaded the unit 2 one on my channel.

Here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CW4o6TT-_s

Enjoy !

Will

P.S sorry about the length of the video
anyone resit this paper again this year?

Quick Reply

Latest