Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or was the WJEC AS ECONOMICS exam totally different from the specimin paper and did anyone have time to answer all the questions? Virtually nobody in my class has managed it!

ReputationRep:
    exactly the same as me and the rest of my class. how the **** are we managed to complete all those 8 markers in the time!!!!!!! also the XED question was presented apallingly!! thats an easy E for me

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys write for the 8 mark questions?

ReputationRep:
    yeah it was tough, i only had time to write half a paragraph for the last question. I also throught it was bad that exam board asked a question on mean and median.
    What was the stuff you wrote about . . .
    I wrote about the good being a subsitute for the first question.
    I wrote about supply being contracted for the nurses and doctors question.
    I spoke about income inequelity for the market failure one.
    All in all it went crap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james100021)
    yeah it was tough, i only had time to write half a paragraph for the last question. I also throught it was bad that exam board asked a question on mean and median.
    What was the stuff you wrote about . . .
    I wrote about the good being a subsitute for the first question.
    I wrote about supply being contracted for the nurses and doctors question.
    I spoke about income inequelity for the market failure one.
    All in all it went crap!
    Yh for the first question i wrote the same. For the nurses i said about doctors is a more skilled required job and that theres a smaller supply so they earn more. For market failure question i wrote for advantages that there will be symmetric information so consumers know a lot more about ticket prices. For disadvantages, i wrote that there will be a decrease in companies revenue so can result in an increase in unemployment as they wont supply as much trains. For conclusion, i said it depends on the change in price.

ReputationRep:
    can someone make a model mark scheme??

ReputationRep:
    for the inflation one, did you mention both cost - push inflation and demand - pull inflation?

ReputationRep:
    for the inflation one, did you mention both cost - push inflation and demand - pull inflation?
    what question was this?

ReputationRep:
    why their was deflation?
    falling oil prices etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kapisz)
    what question was this?
    the falling oil prices one might have been question 4

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do this paper but I'm doing EC2 next week. Could anyone predict what will come up next week based on what was already asked on this paper?

ReputationRep:
    why their was deflation?
    falling oil prices etc
    i shifted the LRAS left due to cost push inflation, however many of my class shifted the AD too

ReputationRep:
    wouldnt AS shift to the right as inflation decreased. And also there were so many more 8 markers than the specimen paper. The wording of the first question was horrible. Every past paper I did was so much easier than this since it was easier to finish and just in general the wording was easier to understand.

ReputationRep:
    yeah inflation decreased! and i couldnt agree any more Karan. i think i got around 30 / 60 which i belive is a D. So angry

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know anyone that makes model answers for wjec economics??

ReputationRep:
    I missed out two 8markers which will definitely get me an E or D or U (failed the exan) but hopefully if everyone found it hard the grade boundries will be low. It was more macro based questions than micro I felt. What do you guys think I will get plus I did the calculation question wrong

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for EC2 on Monday?

ReputationRep:
    Externalities, min/max pricing.. I could see there being questions related to these topics on the EC2 paper to be honest

ReputationRep:
    What topics came up in EC1? I'm resitting EC2 so I wouldn't know.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I failed this exam... Did a shed load of work for economics but was completely thrown on the XED question which resulted in me running out time... EC2 is apparently worth more in the way of % of total grade though?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.