Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Was predicted to come out BBC in my A levels this year and wanted to either go to Northumbria or Sheffield Hallam. However, I have had an unexpected change in my coursework for one of my A2 subjects and will no longer get a grade for it, so will be unable to get a B overall and will be lucky to come out overall with a D, possibly an E. How do I move forward from this?
    And do I sit the A2 exam hoping for a D, or just resit my AS and try to get as high as possible in that? Although this will mean I will only have 2 A levels.

ReputationRep:
    What was "unexpected" about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    What was "unexpected" about it?
    Basically, a week before the project was handed in, they said that I hadn't put in enough effort in our group and so I would be unable to get the grade for it, its 60% of the A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosal1385)
    Basically, a week before the project was handed in, they said that I hadn't put in enough effort in our group and so I would be unable to get the grade for it, its 60% of the A2.
    Any means of disputing that? Cross referencing what you did against the sylabus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Any means of disputing that? Cross referencing what you did against the sylabus?
    I've tried but they're not having it. This all happened about a month ago aswell so I'm worried I've left it too late. Already did an extra year at sixth form so I'm not sure what I can do next year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.