Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How did you all find the exam today? I completely messed up my timing and dropped a lot of marks in the 15 and 20 marker because of it. I thought section A was rather tricky as well.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely awful. The 15 marker was so stupid as it's tricky to evaluate a small topic like price mechanism. Also, yeah, Section A was tricky.

It was nothing like the past papers or specimen paper (which was really easy). Grade boundaries will be low, and I've heard that schools like QE Boys also found it hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingFaris10)
    Absolutely awful. The 15 marker was so stupid as it's tricky to evaluate a small topic like price mechanism. Also, yeah, Section A was tricky.

It was nothing like the past papers or specimen paper (which was really easy). Grade boundaries will be low, and I've heard that schools like QE Boys also found it hard.
    Yeah the evaluation was tough, but I didn't think the questions in section B were particularly hard, I just messed up the timing and couldn't say everything I wanted to say.

I hope they are low, this paper wasn't the best.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm in Latymer and the majority of us found it really tough, the 15 marker especially.

ReputationRep:
    For that 15 marker the evaluation is worth 6 marks but I didn't know what to write! If anyone has made or know about a unofficial mark scheme then could you let me know please?

Thank You

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliciaberner)
    For that 15 marker the evaluation is worth 6 marks but I didn't know what to write! If anyone has made or know about a unofficial mark scheme then could you let me know please?

Thank You

I split this question up into three parts. This is my evaluation for each:
    Rationing: Demand for housing is very price inelastic, so when the price mechanism tries to ration housing, it just ends up making prices ridiculously high, which some consumers will lower their living standards to pay.
    Signalling: There is a large delay (shown by PES) between when the signal is 'sent' to producers and when supply actually responds, so signalling is ineffective at allocating housing.
    Incentive: The price mechanism is not good at providing an incentive for housing because there are significant barriers to new producers entering the market like land.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was okay, definitely harder than the specimen paper. The invilgilator said 1 minute left and I was still writing...

ReputationRep:
    Chobham Academy 85% Fails due to timing screw ups, *******s of invigilators and a f***ing hard paper.

ReputationRep:
    you guys, i think I really mucked up on the demand for housing and Help to Buy scheme. I didn't mention XED, but if I used to extract and explained what would happen to demand and evaluated, how many marks do u think i could potentially receive?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone manage to get the paper out of the exam hall??? Could you post it pls so our teacher can go over it with us???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.