The Student Room Group

BM6 Southampton Applicants 2017

So I know that this is early, my stats are GCSE: 1A* 6A's 3B's and 2C's. A2 prediction: AAB. Will be applying here during my gap year next year. Whats everyones stats?

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys..

I got 2A*'s 2A's and 5 B's at GCSE
I am a potential applicant for Southampton BM6 2017
I did poorly last year at AS due to some extreme circumstances...
therefore I am doing all my A levels in one year...Privately
my teachers think I can achieve :AAAB

I was head girl, one of schools top 4 ambassador, I have worked with BBC filming the Olympic legacy..I was also head prefect and chair person for the schools media team which allowed me to organise summer fete 2013 which occupied over 1500 people also, I organised 3 old peoples tea dances with my media team...I did work experience at a pharmacy and I am planning to go Germany and Pakistan in regards to work experience during my gap year...

DO YOU THINK I CAN MAKE IT ????
Hi guys..

I am a potential applicant for Southampton
BM6 2017

I was head girl, one of schools top 4 ambassador, I have worked with BBC filming the Olympic legacy..I was also head prefect and chair person for the schools media team,which allowed me to organise summer fete 2013 for my local community, which occupied over 1500 people also, I organised 3 old peoples tea dances with my media team...I did work experience at a pharmacy and I am planning to go Germany and Pakistan in regards to work experience during my gap year...

ANY... ADVICE WOULD HELP:colondollar::colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by shazia1998
Hi guys..

BM6 2017

I was head girl, one of schools top 4 ambassador, I have worked with BBC filming the Olympic legacy..I was also head prefect and chair person for the schools media team,which allowed me to organise summer fete 2013 for my local community, which occupied over 1500 people also, I organised 3 old peoples tea dances with my media team...I did work experience at a pharmacy and I am planning to go Germany and Pakistan in regards to work experience during my gap year...

Hey Shazia,

As long as you met the entry requirements, you've got a chance. But remember that it doesn't matter what grades you get above the entry requirements. Past that, the uni only looks at non-academic criteria. Your motivation to study medicine, your understanding of the career and course, etc. For the BM6 program, your personal statement and interview performance are really the keys, so focusing on nailing those and you could definitely do it!
Hi guys..

BM6 2017

Perhaps don't say "old people" in your personal statement but as long as you meet the social requirements there is no reason why not!
Original post by Neostigmine
Perhaps don't say "old people" in your personal statement but as long as you meet the social requirements there is no reason why not!

Thanks ever soooooo much I really appreciate this and yes I will be careful with the "old" bit btw that's what we called the scheme "old people tea dance":h:
Original post by Lazy-
Hey Shazia,

As long as you met the entry requirements, you've got a chance. But remember that it doesn't matter what grades you get above the entry requirements. Past that, the uni only looks at non-academic criteria. Your motivation to study medicine, your understanding of the career and course, etc. For the BM6 program, your personal statement and interview performance are really the keys, so focusing on nailing those and you could definitely do it!

Thanks ever so! much I really appreciate this!!

there are only 30 spaces and it is really competitive so I get a bit depressed I wont make it tbh......:s-smilie:

I'll definitely be adding loads about what you have stated thanks ever so much again....
Thanks ever soooooo much I really appreciate this and yes I will be careful with the "old" bit btw that's what we called the scheme "old people tea dance":h:

:teehee:.

There are usually around 43 offers which sounds low, but someone has to get those offers!! I never thought I'd get a place and here I am starting final year. :smile:
Original post by Neostigmine
:teehee:.

There are usually around 43 offers which sounds low, but someone has to get those offers!! I never thought I'd get a place and here I am starting final year. :smile:

WOW I am really happy for you :smile:
I would really appreciate any guidance from you :colondollar:. As I honesty am a armature...

WOW I am really happy for you :smile:
I would really appreciate any guidance from you :colondollar:. As I honesty am a armature...

I am really crazy busy this week but I am happy to help with personal statement and do practice interviews when the time comes!
Fire any questions my way!
Original post by neostigmine
i am really crazy busy this week but i am happy to help with personal statement and do practice interviews when the time comes!
Fire any questions my way!

thanks a ton!!!!:u
Thread for 2017 BM6 applicants..
Hi
GCSE's - 5A's, 1B and 2C's (C is in English language)
A-level - predicted grades are A*AAB
I meet all their eligibility requirements, except the being in care one.
Work experience - 1 week shadowing experience with GP
2 years volunteering in hospital shop
NCS
Volunteered in Rainbows hospice
1 week medical placement in Pakistan
DOF
Helped with organising 30 interschool athletics competitions for children (and disabled children)
Starting my volunteering in a care home for the elderly in about a week or so.
Do you think I have a Chance of getting into the access courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by basit282828
Hi
GCSE's - 5A's, 1B and 2C's (C is in English language)
A-level - predicted grades are A*AAB
I meet all their eligibility requirements, except the being in care one.
Work experience - 1 week shadowing experience with GP
2 years volunteering in hospital shop
NCS
Volunteered in Rainbows hospice
1 week medical placement in Pakistan
DOF
Helped with organising 30 interschool athletics competitions for children (and disabled children)
Starting my volunteering in a care home for the elderly in about a week or so.
Do you think I have a Chance of getting into the access courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It all comes down to your personal statement. Look into their non academic entry requirements and get started on your PS asap x
Does anyone happen to know whether the situational judgement bit of the UKCAT is considered by Southampton?
Original post by karima95
Does anyone happen to know whether the situational judgement bit of the UKCAT is considered by Southampton?

No. UKCAT is only used to compare very similar applicants for BM6 after interviews.

It isn't used for BM5 either but they do use the UKCAT for applicants then.
Reply 16
Does Southampton have group interviews? If so, if you're allowed to say, are these tasks just a discussion or a building exercise etc...?
Original post by Wisbey
Does Southampton have group interviews? If so, if you're allowed to say, are these tasks just a discussion or a building exercise etc...?

You're not allowed to know much but you can know that it's a discussion.
Original post by vickie89uk
Thread for 2017 BM6 applicants..

Merging this as a thread already exists.
So just an update on the 2016 application stats:

No. of places: 30
No. of applicants: 563
No. of interviews: 120
No. of offers: 41
Applicants per offer: 14.

Quick Reply

Latest