Gcse OCR Ethics 1&2 Watch

nottoblameok
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Did anyone else find the exam ridiculously hard and weird? All the e questions were terrible
salty670
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
the last one was hard , the first one was easy to argue against but not in support
grace143
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nottoblameok)
Did anyone else find the exam ridiculously hard and weird? All the e questions were terrible
I thought it was all ok except that weird e question on "religion is the best guide to medical ethics"... That one threw me off a bit but i think overall it was fine. Could have been worse
GCSE 2k16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just kept repeating God made everyone equal for the equality topic in ethics 2😂
iwishicouldfly14
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by grace143)
I thought it was all ok except that weird e question on "religion is the best guide to medical ethics"... That one threw me off a bit but i think overall it was fine. Could have been worse
I loved that question!!
I didn't find either particularly difficult, but I still have that weird feeling where you think you've done badly.
I did section A and B (Judaism) for both - what about you guys?
escg
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This haha. That e question was killer, like damn xD what did you talk about?
1jonam16
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by escg)
This haha. That e question was killer, like damn xD what did you talk about?
(Original post by nottoblameok)
Haha, everyone seemed to find that difficult. I thought I did too, but i think I did OK in the end.I think that was meant to be the 1 hard one, they also put but everyone else was very easy. For the medical question btw, i think you could talk about any form of issue, so for example, i did animal testing. I think you need to talk about how our morality has developed and that nowadays we have opinions which aren't in the bible, since the bible couldn't have predicted things like vaccines and animal testing. I think the main point is the huge conflict with regards to some epoepl thinking animal testing is acceptable due to dominion and others not due to stewardship This means people are confused so obviously religion cant be used nowadays.
escg
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 1jonam16)
Haha, everyone seemed to find that difficult. I thought I did too, but i think I did OK in the end.I think that was meant to be the 1 hard one, they also put but everyone else was very easy. For the medical question btw, i think you could talk about any form of issue, so for example, i did animal testing. I think you need to talk about how our morality has developed and that nowadays we have opinions which aren't in the bible, since the bible couldn't have predicted things like vaccines and animal testing. I think the main point is the huge conflict with regards to some epoepl thinking animal testing is acceptable due to dominion and others not due to stewardship This means people are confused so obviously religion cant be used nowadays.
did you just talk about animal testing though? i broke medical ethics down to like cloning, fertility treatment, euthanasia etc. and elaborated on those and mentioned how the answers are in the bible and jesus' actions. do you reckon that would be sufficient? but apart from that it was pretty easy, the only other kinda strange one was how would christians respond to social injustice, was a bit iffy.
1jonam16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by escg)
did you just talk about animal testing though? i broke medical ethics down to like cloning, fertility treatment, euthanasia etc. and elaborated on those and mentioned how the answers are in the bible and jesus' actions. do you reckon that would be sufficient? but apart from that it was pretty easy, the only other kinda strange one was how would christians respond to social injustice, was a bit iffy.
Yh the social injustice question for me was on Islam and so I found it quite easy to refer to 1) Injustice in terms of segregation and responding to this peacefully and 2) responding to this via anger and fighting 3) Injustice in terms of poverty and how they donate to charity. As for the medical ethics question, last year there was a similar question for equality and it was really vague, but you could access full marks by referring to one specific type which is most relevant in society. I think the key part is acknowledging how science has developed far past what the bible teaches. but I think your answer would be more than excellent IF you fully developed at least one of your points, and had teachings to back it up as well as your own view and a reflection on the significance of the issue.
escg
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yh the social injustice question for me was on Islam and so I found it quite easy to refer to 1) Injustice in terms of segregation and responding to this peacefully and 2) responding to this via anger and fighting 3) Injustice in terms of poverty and how they donate to charity. As for the medical ethics question, last year there was a similar question for equality and it was really vague, but you could access full marks by referring to one specific type which is most relevant in society. I think the key part is acknowledging how science has developed far past what the bible teaches. but I think your answer would be more than excellent IF you fully developed at least one of your points, and had teachings to back it up as well as your own view and a reflection on the significance of the issue.
yup i developed every point, i think i had 8 in total, with some opposing the argument too. i should be okay for it, aiming for that A* How do you reckon you did?
1jonam16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by escg)
yup i developed every point, i think i had 8 in total, with some opposing the argument too. i should be okay for it, aiming for that A* How do you reckon you did?
WOW! 8 Points? You must write fast! I thought I did pretty well, I normally don't do as much revision for re and get an A*; this time, however, I've revised a lot for it, so if I don't get one Ill be really annoyed. Wbu? DW you'll be fine, I'm sure you'll get it.
escg
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
WOW! 8 Points? You must write fast! I thought I did pretty well, I normally don't do as much revision for re and get an A*; this time, however, I've revised a lot for it, so if I don't get one Ill be really annoyed. Wbu? DW you'll be fine, I'm sure you'll get it.
Yea ive always got A*s too, never been a subject ive struggled with. i did revise thoroughly though, it was my first GCSE haha. Yea man, i dont find it hard to write mass amounts of information I just hope i get the marks haha Anyways, good luck to you man!
1jonam16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by escg)
Yea ive always got A*s too, never been a subject ive struggled with. i did revise thoroughly though, it was my first GCSE haha. Yea man, i dont find it hard to write mass amounts of information I just hope i get the marks haha Anyways, good luck to you man!
Thanks bro
katodizzle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I struggled on the questions about the ethics of remarriage and the social injustice one. I liked the e) question on 'race is not important'. I also abused the quote 'love thy neighbour' throughout the whole thing because I found it related to most of the questions hahaha. I hope I did well lmao
_aimee_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I thought the exam went pretty well, probably because I've been spouting bible quotes like a hardcore Christian for the past 3 weeks. The question 'where can you find teachings about equality' made me laugh 😂!
1jonam16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I thought the teachings about equality was a joke? Examiners will laugh at those who don't get it.
(Original post by _aimee_)
I thought the exam went pretty well, probably because I've been spouting bible quotes like a hardcore Christian for the past 3 weeks. The question 'where can you find teachings about equality' made me laugh 😂!
(Original post by _aimee_)
Sch2345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
felt the same, everyone said that it was easy though.
aidanjt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They weren't bad at all- I think the Grade Boundaries are going to be pretty high, though.
FenixZ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I thought the teachings about equality was a joke? Examiners will laugh at those who don't get it.
What were you meant to put was it about the parable of the good Samaritan?
FenixZ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by aidanjt)
They weren't bad at all- I think the Grade Boundaries are going to be pretty high, though.
The grade boundaries never change in the OCR Ethics and Philosophy exams they are always 90% A*, 80% A etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (262)
15.24%
The paper was reasonable (958)
55.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (370)
21.52%
It was TERRIBLE (129)
7.5%

Watched Threads