Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Gap Year watch

    • Thread Starter

    so guys, im thinking of going on a gap year to Australia & my best friend is going to come too - we really want an adventure before uni!
    BUT we are stuck in a dilemma! We dont know whether to go just to sydney, get jobs (lifeguard etc) and rent a place - or to travel around the east coast and rent and work for shorter periods of time in each city? we're not really the backpacker type - rather have an apartment to live in than hostel?
    whats the best option? Thanks guys!!!

    Well you can save some money and live in an apartment, I think is a cossy option to live in an apartment,rather than a hostel.
    You can combine your options. You can live a longer period in Sydney ,being life guards and renting an apartment and after that you could travel, in this way you'll start with saving money so you can travel way easier afterwards
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.