Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, the french listening exam is tomorrow, any one got any useful tips and ways of doing last minute revision, and how hard did you find your exam?

ReputationRep:
    Download this life saver app; quizlet. Try and find some classes unless you're already in one and do some quizzes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaarlottex)
    Download this life saver app; quizlet. Try and find some classes unless you're already in one and do some quizzes!
    I agree quizlet is great, and try studystack if you haven't already. My teacher made lots of sets which all start with 'aqa khd', so try those if you want! My quizlet is leahfirmstone if you want to try any of my sets - see if you can beat any of my high scores on the gravity game
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i did a mock today and found 2014 wjec listening to be quite hard but i got through ok by common sense. like ''tick the correct box'', im not going to tick ''Jean wants young people to use more drugs'' am i?

ReputationRep:
    That's true, quite a lot of the exam is common sense - if you get 5 mins reading time before they start the audio, flick through and pencil in any possible words to look out for, or general themes which the answer could be referring to. It's always good to start listening with some idea of what you need to listen for!

ReputationRep:
    I got my edexcel tommorrow. I'm really bad at higher i can usually tell when a negative is used but not get any information from it. I'm pretty okay with reading but bricking it for tommorow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i did a mock today and found 2014 wjec listening to be quite hard but i got through ok by common sense. like ''tick the correct box'', im not going to tick ''Jean wants young people to use more drugs'' am i?
    That reminds me of a question we found in a 2013 German mock, one of the answers was this:

B - He is wanted by the police.

(Seriously, that is the actual answer, word for word)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by leafcannon)
    That reminds me of a question we found in a 2013 German mock, one of the answers was this:

B - He is wanted by the police.

(Seriously, that is the actual answer, word for word)
    yes that depends on the context of course :P the context i had was Jean's ideal town

ReputationRep:
    The AQA EXAM was hard. The listening, *dies*, but the reading was okay.

ReputationRep:
    I loved the reading but I'm so glad I did foundation listening👏🏻👏🏻👏
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.