The Student Room Group

OCR Religious Studies B GCSE

How did everyone find the Ethics exams today?

Scroll to see replies

It went better than I thought it would tbh
I thought it was ok but I hated the medical ethics 12 mark question :/
My little sister did it and she said it was fine
I'm just not thinking about it tbh
Reply 5
The Medical Ethics 'e' was a nightmare, was able to bs it though. I thought the ethics 2 section B 'D' was also hard
Reply 6
yeh the medical ethics e was so hard because it was so general
Generally I thought the exam went pretty well but there were a few odd questions, specially the one how christian teachings allow christians to support equality and I think I read one of the C's as marriage instead of remarriage but the whole thing is just a blur! too much writing
Reply 8
Yes E for medical ethics was really hard.
I wrote how Natural Law was not helpful because it is not feasible but situation ethics could work with medicine to ensure, for example with euthanasia, people and their families get the most compassionate treatment.
What did everyone else put?
Reply 9
Is there a paper on wednesday?
My philosophy exams are 15 June.
Reply 10
Original post by ellamoon_22
The paper was very good I did human relationships and medical ethics and war and planet
.What do I need in Wednesday's paper to get A* overall?

12 mark ethics-religion guide thingFor:Bible acts as guidance to things such as suicide and euthanasia so helps save a life
Helps to create moral people and teaches us to treat animals well so it's a good guide etcChristians/bible guide people who want abortion and shows life is sacred and holy etc

Against

The bible isn't the best guide as it is not based on medical ethics entirely but talks bout helping poor etc
Christians against certain medical ethics is not a good guide to the problems in ethics eg.
Abortion is wrong make people feel guiltyBible doesn't mention modern issues like Ivf so the best guide is science or doctors

Strongest view: bible is the best guide as helps save lives with stuff like so ice and promotes counselling etc

Weakest view : doctors etc are best science only tells us how and cannot always provide guidance or comfort

Mate your talking about Edexcel in a OCR thread
Original post by FenixZ
Mate your talking about Edexcel in a OCR thread

I actually did ocr what u on about?
I actually did ocr what u on about?

When you say Wednesday do you mean this Wednesday? or Wednesday the 15th June?
This wednesday I have a core beliefs and sacred writings etc paper
This wednesday I have a core beliefs and sacred writings etc paper

Then all I can tell you is that if you are doing that paper, you don't do OCR B.
OCR B is Philosophy (15th June) and Ethics (Today) - we have no other papers.....

I'm so confused right now....
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
Then all I can tell you is that if you are doing that paper, you don't do OCR B.
OCR B is Philosophy (15th June) and Ethics (Today) - we have no other papers.....

I'm so confused right now....

Yhh on wednesday im doing Rs A
Im mixing up threads soz just realised
(edited 7 years ago)
it was okay but also weirdly worded and not your typical E questions
Original post by jazz_xox_
it was okay but also weirdly worded and not your typical E questions

They were "fun" E questions though - they could have been so much harder!

I'm so excited (not that sarcastic) for Philosophy!
Hi! New to forum. Can anyone remember what the 2 mark question about contraception was? Horrible feeling I may have mis read!
think it was . state two reasons supporting contraception

Quick Reply

Latest