Maryam_15
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys,
im doing the GCSE Business studies unit 1 paper next week wednesday and just wanted to ask who else is doing it and how confident they feel. Also what do u think the test is going to be like.
Just post general comments about the exam.
OHamdy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
aqa?
TotalTrigger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm feeling fairly confident with the exam, if you're doing AQA just look for some past papers. We've been doing them in class and I've averaged at around 2-3 marks from full marks every time. I've already sealed the A* in the course work so it should be a doddle.

It's going to be on finance material like the different payment methods, profitability ratios, performance of a business, profit + loss accounts, balance sheets etc... Anything in the past papers really.
chemistrynerd13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing the CCEA Exam next week. Is AQA hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OHamdy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TotalTrigger)
I'm feeling fairly confident with the exam, if you're doing AQA just look for some past papers. We've been doing them in class and I've averaged at around 2-3 marks from full marks every time. I've already sealed the A* in the course work so it should be a doddle.

It's going to be on finance material like the different payment methods, profitability ratios, performance of a business, profit + loss accounts, balance sheets etc... Anything in the past papers really.
Any advice on how i should revise? Ive been getting Bs 1 mark off the A in the past papers
TotalTrigger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by OHamdy)
Any advice on how i should revise? Ive been getting Bs 1 mark off the A in the past papers
Mhmm. To be honest with you I'd just go through the past papers and mark schemes and note down anything you don't understand. Form these into concise notes to memorize, or just try and complete a past paper and see what you struggle with.

Look up the areas you find hard, if they're is anything you need help with I'll gladly help you, although I'm currently forming brief Biology 1 notes for the test tomorrow.

Good luck!
niftyhitman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

How do you do 9 Markers? i consistently only get 7 marks on it. How do you get the full marks?
TotalTrigger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by niftyhitman)
How do you do 9 Markers? i consistently only get 7 marks on it. How do you get the full marks?
What sort of question are we talking about? Like give us an example. A 9 mark question to me would mean to make 9 valid points about the question. Just thoroughly explain everything and refer back to the question.
niftyhitman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What sort of question are we talking about? Like give us an example. A 9 mark question to me would mean to make 9 valid points about the question. Just thoroughly explain everything and refer back to the question.
Oh thanks I think that'll be helpful for me
hello12356
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
does anyone have a unofficial mark scheme for unit 1 gcse business studies aqa
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads