Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered what people thought of the psychology resit. I though mostly ok but the 12 marker suprised me.

Just can't find on for this exam, everyone seems so be discussing the new spec.

ReputationRep:
    I found that kind of hard. Is it just me? I was getting A's in all the past papers but I felt like this paper was really different. There were so many research method questions and were worth a lot of marks what did you say for what ethical issues to take into account when children are involved? And why there may have been investigator bias or whatever that was ? And for the first question what 2 letters did you write for the multi store model ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember the two letters but for working with children I just put informed consent and debriefing etc.

It was quite research methody yeah and like no context questions.

Who did you put for the 12 marker then?

ReputationRep:
    For the 12 marker I put hodges and tizard and Rutter et al

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    that was a challenging exam, i put petersons et al (3,6,9 trigraphs or something like that) for the encoding MSM STM question. is that wrong? :/

ReputationRep:
    Peterson and Peterson triagrams *
    and that's incorrect, they looked into duration not encoding !

I used Badley's study where he looked at semantically similar and dissimilar words

ReputationRep:
    ohh noon of course!! it was a 4 marker too wasn't it? for a strength of multi store i said that there is real life app in role of stm and ltm in rehearsal of information
    (Original post by Denise.AAA)
    Peterson and Peterson triagrams *
    and that's incorrect, they looked into duration not encoding !

I used Badley's study where he looked at semantically similar and dissimilar words

ReputationRep:
    if anyone knows of a PSYA1 unofficial mark scheme feel free to post here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deano321)
    if anyone knows of a PSYA1 unofficial mark scheme feel free to post here!
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4088425&page=1

ReputationRep:
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deano321)
    ohh noon of course!! it was a 4 marker too wasn't it? for a strength of multi store i said that there is real life app in role of stm and ltm in rehearsal of information
    yeahh it was..
    I was stuck on this question, I could only think of disadvantages, but I put down pretty much the same, relating it to HM's case study (maybe too much for a 2 marker but oh well;D )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.