Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    People who did the housing market what were your answers

ReputationRep:
    One question I struggled with was the calculation question asking how many people would sleep homeless on a given night in 2010, I think my answer was 1427 or something like that. Anyone know if I did it wrong? Also how did you find the 25 mark essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will.h)
    One question I struggled with was the calculation question asking how many people would sleep homeless on a given night in 2010, I think my answer was 1427 or something like that. Anyone know if I did it wrong? Also how did you find the 25 mark essay?
    hi mate!
    I did exactly the same and minused 55% off the 2014 value.
    So our answer was 55% of the 2014 value not a 55% extra of the 2010 value.
    The actual answer was 1750 or something.
    I am so annoyed about that one- a stupid mistake on my part!
    For the 25 marker I talked about the market failure of income inequality, the loss of productive efficiency, risk of govt failure, the opportunity cost of homelessness etc.
    MCQs I didn't like, think I lost a few on that.
    So gutted! was hoping for an A

ReputationRep:
    Hey, we still have macro next Monday so let's hope that ones bettee. I was kinda rushed when it came to the calculation question. I found some of the multiple choice challenging and had to guess a few so I had less time on the calculation. For the essay I focused on characteristics of perfect competition. Homogeneous products, low/no entry barriers etc. I also said that information provision is high because the extract stated that the internet was used to share information for buyers and sellers in the market. I feel like I was short on time and couldn't have written as much as possible for that essay.

I didn't talk to anyone directly after the exam but a mate from a2 told me everyone said it was easy, I'm sort of in two minds about the whole thing. Entirely unsure how I did.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.