The Student Room Group

Geology AS level : GL1 16th May 2016 (WJEC)

Just wondering how every felt about the Geology paper today!? - noticed there isn't already a page for this :')

hopefully everyone thought the last question (name the structure) was a bit of a pain too..
panic set in with 10 minutes left to do the last question :') wasn't really keen on the first question but questions 2 and 3 went pretty smooth..
Original post by callijacob
panic set in with 10 minutes left to do the last question :':wink: wasn't really keen on the first question but questions 2 and 3 went pretty smooth..

Ahh man, thats the same here, looked up at the clock and want expecting there to be only 15 mins left.. :'( Well done though :smile:

our group wasnt keen on the lack of metamorphic/igneous questions as thats what we had all prepared for.. it seemed to be all sedimentary!
what sandstone did everyone think it was on the first page and what structure on the last page?
The sandstone was greywacke and the sedimentry stucture was the flame structure thing
I thought the test went well for me, im in year 10 and i did it 2 years early
Greywacke
Reply 7
Original post by aidsmerchant
what sandstone did everyone think it was on the first page and what structure on the last page?

Google image search 'Greywacke texture' and the exact image used is one of the first results.
Original post by becky_simmons
Just wondering how every felt about the Geology paper today!? - noticed there isn't already a page for this :':wink:

hopefully everyone thought the last question (name the structure) was a bit of a pain too..

I thought overall it was an ok paper, Was not terrible but was not easy either. I thought the questions on p and s waves and the fossil questions were probably the nicest section out of it all. I thought some of the first questions were quite difficult and one of the questions on the last page about the beds etc. The structure did not have the best picture in my peronal opinion however i came to the conclusion that it was a flute cast (not sure if correct), it just seemed like the most logical answer. How did you find the paper??
Original post by Adnan Salem
The sandstone was greywacke and the sedimentry stucture was the flame structure thing

We hadnt been taught the flame structure, so our group was thrown.. but after geography today i thing geology went okay compared to how **** that one was :frown:
Did people put life or death assemblage?
Original post by beth.leighfield
Did people put life or death assemblage?

I put life, but in the mark schemes it usually lets you have either as long as you back it up with the right reasons
what would marks for life be?
Also the question on 'fossil group' what did everyone put? Cephlapods? i put cephalopods and an arrow then ammonites lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending