The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Sociology exam

Who did the AQA GCSE Sociology Unit 1 exam today and what did you think of it?

Scroll to see replies

It was actually okay, i didn't get down all the points on the 12 markers that i wanted to get down but hopefully i'll be okay 😬 How'd you do?
I found the exam alright however i ran out of time and missed a 12 marker:frown:. I struggled on the question about how schools encourage social mobility, what did you put?
Original post by u.sha
Who did the AQA GCSE Sociology Unit 1 exam today and what did you think of it?

It went okay! Except I misinterpreted one question which happened to be a six marker :/
Reply 4
Original post by Ashleigh1101xx
I found the exam alright however i ran out of time and missed a 12 marker:frown:. I struggled on the question about how schools encourage social mobility, what did you put?

For the social mobility I talked about pupil premium funding to buy better/more school equipment to encourage students to work harder therefore implementing a more meritocratic system. (But obviously in more depth)

I Put how free school meals could lead to upwards mobility as parents have more money to spend on revision guides and books / trips for there children. Improving chances of achieving good grades and gaining a good job which leads to moving upward on the mobility scale. :smile:
I wrote about meritocracy, is that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooo! Did you miss the 12 marker from the family section? That happened to me for the mock exam last year so this time round, I was literally rushing from question 1 and just about managed to finish 5 mins before. Not enough time -_-
AND YES, that was the one question that I think I did badly on. I didn't know how to answer it. All I know is the answer that I wrote is definitely wrong because I just didn't know how to answer it so I just made my answer up. I said something about encouraging students to do well and prevent labeling - basically, I put the wrong answer. The rest was fine though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No thats really good! Meritocracy, (functionalist) about if you work hard you will be rewarded, hard working pupils will get good grades and move up on the social scale. Great answer (i think.) :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think that's wrong. I did also mention how our society is now meritocratic but didn't really talk about how schools encourage social mobility. I think it depends on what you said about it but hopefully we gained some marks for it anyway.
Y'all sound clever on here dayumn xD
Original post by u.sha
Nooo! Did you miss the 12 marker from the family section? That happened to me for the mock exam last year so this time round, I was literally rushing from question 1 and just about managed to finish 5 mins before. Not enough time -_-
AND YES, that was the one question that I think I did badly on. I didn't know how to answer it. All I know is the answer that I wrote is definitely wrong because I just didn't know how to answer it so I just made my answer up. I said something about encouraging students to do well and prevent labeling - basically, I put the wrong answer. The rest was fine though.

Yes, i am so gutted:frown: most the questions i found alright expect from the oene about social mobility and i though the exam was going pretty well until the individuator said 'you have five minutes left' and sill had not completed the 12 marker so i just scribbled down the first things that came to mind:frown:
Original post by u.sha
I don't think that's wrong. I did also mention how our society is now meritocratic but didn't really talk about how schools encourage social mobility. I think it depends on what you said about it but hopefully we gained some marks for it anyway.

Fingers crossed!
Original post by Mollsbarks
It was actually okay, i didn't get down all the points on the 12 markers that i wanted to get down but hopefully i'll be okay 😬 How'd you do?

Yeah I thought it was alright except that one question about social mobility but that was all. And ikr! There simply just isn't enough time for the 12 markers - They say that you should spend about 12 minutes on the 12 markers .... m8 I need like half an hour so I had to rush it -_- They should really give us maybe a little more time.
But yeah, I'm sure you'll be fine :biggrin: It's over now .... Well there's Unit 2 but still :3
Yes, i am so gutted:frown: most the questions i found alright expect from the oene about social mobility and i though the exam was going pretty well until the individuator said 'you have five minutes left' and sill had not completed the 12 marker so i just scribbled down the first things that came to mind:frown:

Ohhh so you didn't leave it completely blank then? Naah, I'd say you shouldn't worry too much about it then as long as you put something down - You never know, might get a coupla marks for it anyway. Like on the mark scheme, they give marks for simple statements so dw about it. Let's try beat time in the Unit 2 exam!
Reply 15

I wrote about setting do you think that's ok??
Original post by Imogen3

i have no idea sorry, i am terrible at sociology:frown:
Original post by Imogen3

Setting, Yep that would also be a good answer, my friends all wrote about that. (how students in higher sets are more likely to get better grades and move up on the social mobility scale.) Fab answer :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Matt °o°
Setting, Yep that would also be a good answer, my friends all wrote about that. (how students in higher sets are more likely to get better grades and move up on the social mobility scale.) Fab answer :smile:

Thanks you so much😂 So glad it's over, 1 down 20 to go😂
Reply 19
i have no idea sorry, i am terrible at sociology:frown:

Haha no worries👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending